Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 00:52

Hello, I'm completely new and basically useless with any computer related knowledge.
I used a tutorial in Youtube to download and install Anadius Sims 4. No problems in download and installation. But when I clicked to start the game, a message appeared saying I'm lacking msvcp120. I don't even know what that is and how to fix the problem. Can somebody help me?
Thank you so much for reading my message!!

Back to top Go down

I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 01:18

Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable both 2010 and 2013, both x86 and x64. You can find it in your game installation directory:
__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

You unchecked "install redist" during installation, didn't you?

Back to top Go down

I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 01:44

Game installation directory is something I have in my computer? Something related to the Sims 4? Sorry, I'm beyond clumsy with these things, and I have a mental handicap and anxiety problems, which means I need the kind of explanations you would give to a 3 year old (so so sorry about that).

I don't remember unchecking anything during installation, but I do remember the game got installed in my Programs Files folder instead of the Programs Files (x86) folder as the tutorial said it should be. The installation went naturally to that folder, and I couldn't find a way to redirect it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 02:00

Ok, I was able to install all of them except the 3rd one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:34

"Game installation directory" means folder you selected during installation. You can change it easily by clicking on "Browse". Pretty much every program you install has an option to change installation folder. And there are even written instructions on that page:
I can't use Anadius sims 4. [SOLVED] 112

Doesn't matter if it's in "Programs Files" or "Programs Files (x86)". It's just a folder. You can install it anywhere you want.

tsukigalleta wrote:Ok, I was able to install all of them except the 3rd one.
Because what? Got some error message? Whatever the problem is, it can be probably fixed by uninstalling, in your case Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 x86, rebooting PC and then installing it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2019, 10:45

Thanks for all your help!!
Yes, not long after I installed those programs (except the 3rd one) the Sims icon changed and the game worked. When I tried to install the other program, it said page not found, even if it was the same page I downloaded the other 2013 program from just a minute ago. I tried again today and it worked. Maybe you can't download twice the same day from that page? I don't know the reason, but now I have the 4 of them and everything seems to work fine!
Again, thanks for your help and your patience!!

[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top