Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andulus Gallery Issue. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andulus Gallery Issue. [CLOSED] Empty Andulus Gallery Issue. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2019, 21:18

Hi everyone! I was trying to reach the thread with Andulus Gallery Downloader but now the webpage is blocked. This is the URL I was using:

https://www.games4theworld.club/t34579-the-sims-4-downloading-from-online-gallery

but now when I get there it says this: Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Is there anyway to access this anymore or has this been taken away forever?

Back to top Go down

Andulus Gallery Issue. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Andulus Gallery Issue. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Nov 2019, 21:52

vixievoss wrote:Hi everyone! I was trying to reach the thread with Andulus Gallery Downloader but now the webpage is blocked. This is the URL I was using:

https://www.games4theworld.club/t34579-the-sims-4-downloading-from-online-gallery

but now when I get there it says this: Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Is there anyway to access this anymore or has this been taken away forever?

Hello,

Something similar was asked before, with regards to those "alt installers". 
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35556-sorry-but-only-users-granted-special-access-can-read-topics-in-this-forum-solved#207228

Before  andulus  anadius deleted himself from the Forum, he took down the entire text of all his stuff, therefore we decided to move these dead topics out of sight. Because these questions always seem to come up, and people tend to believe "something was done by mistake": whenever you cannot access something on the Forum, in 99.99% of cases it means the removal was deliberate, and it will likely remain that way.

Sorry if that disappoints you, but what we have gathered so far is, that there seems to have been some kind of disagreement regarding the policy of running download links through advertising services. That's cool, believe me. But then again, we don't force anybody to come on here and help out/post content. Everybody does so on their own will. And if most of these volunteers eventually realize - for whatever reason - that "it's not worth my time, what I'm doing here", then that's their decision as well. We cannot pay a salary or other benefits to volunteer Helpers, and all we can offer is a cut in the ad revenue that we generate on here. If the latter is not enough, then maybe these volunteer Helpers should wisen up earlier (!) and be honest with themselves about their outlooks and expectations.

Our expectations towards volunteers are clear from the start: this is not a commercial enterprise. Anadius wouldn't be the first one to leave like that. While we are grateful for the contributions of volunteers, there is very often some type of underlying resentment on discussion boards in general, not just on G4TW. The underlying and nagging feeling that there is a lack of appreciation for one's contributions to the platform. And at some later point something happens, such as a change in Forum policy, which in turn makes volunteers finally ragequit. Just to be clear: we will not "be idealistic, and not use ads". Yes, I admit that the policy can be seen as unpopular, and no, I myself do not get anything out of the revenue either, as the accounts are managed by ~Ann~, and virtually everything goes to hosting/domains. But I don't think the Linkvertise is so brutal and unbearable as so many (for some interesting reason usually male-gendered) users constantly claim.

Add to that the fact that the majority of our downloads can be gathered advert-free from ThePiratebay and that "games4theworld.org" website, it is the opinion of the G4TW-administration that we have reached an acceptable balance between the need to generate some revenue, and general user-friendliness. Of course, TPB and the "games4theworld.org" website for the most part contain older G4TW releases such as TS2 and TS3-stuff, which barely anybody seems to care about these days. Most people want only TS4, and ... well, I guess you can't please everybody in the end!

The only thing we should do better in the future, is to weed out unsuitable volunteers even earlier. In that regard, we will strive to do better next time. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top