Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discover University not showing up in game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discover University not showing up in game? Empty Discover University not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 22:01

I'm not really sure how to word this or what information to include but I installed the Discover University update, but when I load into the game it isn't showing up as an expansion I have, I also checked with CAS and none of the new items are showing up there. I'm not sure what i did wrong as I thought I followed the instructions properly, and I even tried redoing it but nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated, and let me know if there's any info i can provide that'd be helpful.

Back to top Go down

Discover University not showing up in game? Empty Re: Discover University not showing up in game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 01:51

homesickghost wrote:I'm not really sure how to word this or what information to include but I installed the Discover University update, but when I load into the game it isn't showing up as an expansion I have, I also checked with CAS and none of the new items are showing up there. I'm not sure what i did wrong as I thought I followed the instructions properly, and I even tried redoing it but nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated, and let me know if there's any info i can provide that'd be helpful.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @homesickghost,

Have you used G4TW's updates on The Sims 4, in the past already? If not: are you positive you copy-pasted the files from the download, into the right location? A lot of people copy-paste under Documents\Electronic Arts, but that's the wrong place.

The stuff must be copy-pasted under C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. When prompted, overwrite existing files.

Another thought, are you sure you applied all updates (from G4TW) until Realm of Magic, before using the University pack here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-58-63-1010-1-58-63-1510

Alternatively, if you come from another repacker, have you made sure that your game is patched at least on version 1.55.105.1020 (Realm of Magic), before applying G4TW's University repack?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Discover University not showing up in game? Empty Re: Discover University not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2019, 04:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
homesickghost wrote:I'm not really sure how to word this or what information to include but I installed the Discover University update, but when I load into the game it isn't showing up as an expansion I have, I also checked with CAS and none of the new items are showing up there. I'm not sure what i did wrong as I thought I followed the instructions properly, and I even tried redoing it but nothing changed.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @homesickghost,

Have you used G4TW's updates on The Sims 4, in the past already? If not: are you positive you copy-pasted the files from the download, into the right location? A lot of people copy-paste under Documents\Electronic Arts, but that's the wrong place.

The stuff must be copy-pasted under C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. When prompted, overwrite existing files.

Another thought, are you sure you applied all updates (from G4TW) until Realm of Magic, before using the University pack here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-58-63-1010-1-58-63-1510

Alternatively, if you come from another repacker, have you made sure that your game is patched at least on version 1.55.105.1020 (Realm of Magic), before applying G4TW's University repack?

Thank you for the response! I looked things over again to see if I had made any of the mistakes you mentioned and actually got it figured out. I honestly have no idea how i managed to do it, twice, but somehow I was copying over from the wrong folder. Once I copied the right files over it started working fine. My bad.

Sorry for making such a silly mistake and not figuring it out sooner. Thank you again for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top