Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No direct download for Discover University?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No direct download for Discover University? Empty No direct download for Discover University?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 22:20

Hello, first post here, sorry if this has already been covered. I looked through the recent support posts and didn't see anything covering this. 

The most recent DLC I have gotten from G4TW is Moschino Stuff, so it's been a minute since i have been able to download or play. Since my town is in total panic mode, I figured it would be a good time to catch up on sims stuff. I can't seem to get any torrents/magnet links to work at all, it says there are no seeders for RoM, so I decided to try direct download, it's working just very slowly. I noticed there is no direct download option for Discover University, which is a problem for me since I can't really torrent for right now. It probably doesn't help that my (satellite) internet is too slow for a VPN, so until recently I've just been testing my luck. I use Vuze for torrenting, is that the problem or should I wait for a new direct download link?

P.S. thank you guys for the hard work and time that you put into running this site, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated, by me at least.

Back to top Go down

No direct download for Discover University? Empty Re: No direct download for Discover University?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 22:39

KaySims21 wrote:Hello, first post here, sorry if this has already been covered. I looked through the recent support posts and didn't see anything covering this. 

The most recent DLC I have gotten from G4TW is Moschino Stuff, so it's been a minute since i have been able to download or play. Since my town is in total panic mode, I figured it would be a good time to catch up on sims stuff. I can't seem to get any torrents/magnet links to work at all, it says there are no seeders for RoM, so I decided to try direct download, it's working just very slowly. I noticed there is no direct download option for Discover University, which is a problem for me since I can't really torrent for right now. It probably doesn't help that my (satellite) internet is too slow for a VPN, so until recently I've just been testing my luck. I use Vuze for torrenting, is that the problem or should I wait for a new direct download link?

P.S. thank you guys for the hard work and time that you put into running this site, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated, by me at least.

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @KaySims21 and thanks for the message,

I explained part of your concern in this earlier announcement. These "old format" downloads took up too much space on GoogleDrive, and are generally very inefficient to use. If you need permanent direct downloads for The Sims 4, you will have to resort to using the "new format" downloads:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Incidentally, someone e-mailed me earlier about that topic as well (not exactly about TS4, but these downloads in general). And like I've explained to that person as well, managing these direct downloads is a huge pain. And no, direct downloads for the old format releases won't be coming back. In fact, I should normally remove the ones for Tiny Living & the 1.61.15.1020 patch. But I shall leave them, until the next DLC comes out!

By the way, all G4TW Sims repacks have plenty of seeders. Your issue is mostly likely due to ISP restrictions (blocked ports), incorrectly configured ports, incorrectly configured torrent client settings, or any combination of these. You should also prefer using qBittorrent, Tixati, Deluge or Transmission. I advise against using Vuze or UTorrent.

I wouldn't necessarily say that just because you have a slow-ish internet, a VPN is useless. After all, a huge advantage of torrents is that you can safely pause and resume torrent downloads. If your internet disconnects even for a few seconds with a direct download, chances are you have to reset it. But up to you of course.

Hope this helps a bit!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

No direct download for Discover University? Empty Re: No direct download for Discover University?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 23:23

thank you, I just uninstalled vuse and I think I'm gonna try one of the other ones for a while. Do you think I should uninstall the sims and the DLCs that i do have and start over with the new method or can i just install new DLCs over what i already have installed? i read the pdf and I'm still a bit confused, sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 23:28

KaySims21 wrote:thank you, I just uninstalled vuse and I think I'm gonna try one of the other ones for a while. Do you think I should uninstall the sims and the DLCs that i do have and start over with the new method or can i just install new DLCs over what i already have installed? i read the pdf and I'm still a bit confused, sorry

No worries, but basically the same applies to you, as what I wrote to the other person here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35943-sims-4-anadius-how-to-updat-my-anadius-files-and-add-new-expansion-packs#209544

The good thing with the "new format" is, that you can apply it, regardless of what your current patch version is, and regardless of which DLCs you already have! You don't have to un-install anything.

If you still need help, check out the video walkthrough as well. Or post back here tomorrow, since I'll be logging off.

P.S. I found I still have some of the direct downloads on my Uptobox, so I re-inserted some of them back. Among them also the "TS4 University", if you absolutely want to use that. But personally, I would suggest you use the new format stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 23:29

I'm going to give the new stuff a shot and see how that works, thank you so much, I'll let you know if it works out for me or if I can find out why it wasn't

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top