Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't launch the game properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't launch the game properly Empty Can't launch the game properly

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2019, 21:22

Hello!
I just downloaded your version of the game and somehow I can't get the TS4_64.exe to run located in the Bin folder.
Whenever I start the exe it looks like the game is about to launch because the screen goes white, but then closes after 3 seconds without any errors.
First I had problem with the language strings, but got that fixed thanks to your great guide.
I don't have any problems launching the Legacy Edition though. (and yes, I have 64-bit windows)

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide. Smile

Back to top Go down

Can't launch the game properly Empty Re: Can't launch the game properly

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Dec 2019, 07:01

Wezzor wrote:Hello!
I just downloaded your version of the game and somehow I can't get the TS4_64.exe to run located in the Bin folder.
Whenever I start the exe it looks like the game is about to launch because the screen goes white, but then closes after 3 seconds without any errors.
First I had problem with the language strings, but got that fixed thanks to your great guide.
I don't have any problems launching the Legacy Edition though. (and yes, I have 64-bit windows)

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Wezzor,

If you go under Documents\Electronic Arts, do you see folders like "The Sims 4 Temp"? If so, delete them all. Now, there is probably going to be another folder "The Sims 4", which I recommend that you temporarily rename.

Then try running the TS4_x64.exe again. Please let us know whether the thing with the "Temp"-folders applies to you, or not. Good luck for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2019, 19:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Wezzor wrote:Hello!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Wezzor,

If you go under Documents\Electronic Arts, do you see folders like "The Sims 4 Temp"? If so, delete them all. Now, there is probably going to be another folder "The Sims 4", which I recommend that you temporarily rename.

Then try running the TS4_x64.exe again. Please let us know whether the thing with the "Temp"-folders applies to you, or not. Good luck for now. Smile
Thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy
Nope, it doesn't apply to me. :<
The only folder I have there is the regular "The Sims 4" one.
I have a "last crash" document in that folder if that would help somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Dec 2019, 03:41

Wezzor wrote:

So one other thing you can try is to double-check your antivirus and Windows Defender exclusions. For Windows Defender, see this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

After you have confirmed your exclusions are OK, re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from your latest update. Then copy-paste over your existing Game-subfolder. See if your game starts up again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 19:39

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Wezzor wrote:

So one other thing you can try is to double-check your antivirus and Windows Defender exclusions. For Windows Defender, see this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

After you have confirmed your exclusions are OK, re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from your latest update. Then copy-paste over your existing Game-subfolder. See if your game starts up again.
That fixed it, thank you!
You're the man!   Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top