Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 06:51

First topic message reminder :

Hello guys, I am abit too angry.
So i had already a Sims 4 Version 1.0.797.20 , That didnt have alot of features so i decided to get the latest version of the game. So i downloaded it from your website from your own website . It was freaking 8.3GB, nvm that was fine and I downloaded it, and when i installed it it Said it has Version :- 1.0.797.20 . I got freaked out, i wasted my time downloading the same version, so i looked on your website on how to update the game to the latest, I found some links but when i open the links the posts are already deleted, I want to update my game to the latest version, can anyone give me the link to the ultimate fix or the basegame patch for it please? I really do not want to waste my internet this time, Give me legit stuff please, Please!

Back to top Go down

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Tue 24 Dec 2019, 15:21

Rahuljast wrote:I have downloaded 2.27 GB ( 43% aprox) and uploaded 5 GB and it took 25 Hours Lol, am still waiting for it to complete Very Happy

Please leave a comment on my website from the machine you're using to download, so I can prioritize your IP (I can see your IP privately if you comment there, that way I can "force unchoke" it to help if you want, do NOT share your IP publicly ever, though!!!).

The torrent is also useful for people who want to just update their game with the specific files that are missing or outdated. To do that, you stop the download (not now, but when you just finish allocating, otherwise you'd lose all new files, do NOT do that if you're already downloading for hours), then you overwrite the allocated "new" files with the ones you already have in your Sims folder, then you force recheck on your torrent client, then you resume downloading, so it will only get the files that are missing or different from what you already have 😁

Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Back to top Go down

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:27

My game just got downloaded Very Happy thnxx for the help, where do i paste the downloaded files now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:39

Rahuljast wrote:My game just got downloaded Very Happy thnxx for the help, where do i paste the downloaded files now?

You copy-paste them "over" your existing TS4 installation folder, inside. When prompted, choose to replace all existing files/folders.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:43

i did and clicked on DLC toggler.exe and it said dlc.ini not found Sad am now downloading that 6 MB file and the speed is 10Bits/sec Sad lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:48

Rahuljast wrote:i did and clicked on DLC toggler.exe and it said dlc.ini not found Sad am now downloading that 6 MB file and the speed is 10Bits/sec Sad lol

OK, I did not anticipate that, I'm sorry (we did not create this dlc-toggler item, originally). You can also remove DLC entries from the codex.cfg manually here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4-updated-on-16-03-2018

I personally don't think it's necessary to do so, but feel free to do so if you want. Or test your game as-is right now, and see how it goes.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:55

there is something wrong i guess, when i click on dlc toggler after downloading that file, this appears.

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED] - Page 2 PGMlZnbNQ3GieWG_HCCGmA

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:00

Rahuljast wrote:there is something wrong i guess, when i click on dlc toggler after downloading that file, this appears.

Can't update Sims 4 basegame to latest version. [SOLVED] - Page 2 PGMlZnbNQ3GieWG_HCCGmA

Can't really help you on that end, sorry. Maybe @Sim Architect knows more. This tool was not even created by G4TW in the first place; it is merely "included" by Sim Architect, I guess for convenience.

Feel free to try the game as-is, again, like I hinted before. You might get these icons on the main menu that the game's DLCs are "not installed", but you should be able to load the game just fine and play with your updated base game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:04

the game just crashes when i start it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:12

Rahuljast wrote:the game just crashes when i start it

Try downloading this modified codex.cfg file, and insert it under your Game\Bin subfolder. Replace the old file when prompted.
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4htn54e8c4tdc0y/codex.cfg/file

I looked over my old comments in this thread, but I can't see if I suggested anything wrong. You should have all necessary files, if you followed everything correctly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:17

the DLC toggler got opened and i unchecked all the DLC but when i turn on game it still crashes, any help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:21

i guess u didnt mark the game folder, i am downloading it now

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:24

Rahuljast wrote:i guess u didnt mark the game folder, i am downloading it now

I actually did, in the 3rd picture here. Smile
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35692-can-t-update-sims-4-basegame-to-latest-version#208250

Yes, it's not marked in the 2nd picture, but I actually mentioned it (and marked it in bold red near the 3rd picture). All OK though, but if the torrent download is still slow, get it here.
Code:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4BVd/2LE3aTZAB

Make sure to delete your "Game"-subfolder from your TS4 installation, before applying the new folder! Then run your DLC toggler again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 25 Dec 2019, 11:59

🎄 Merry Christmas! 🎄

Hi there. Sorry, I did not develop the DLC Toggler, like @The_gh0stm4n mentions. Did you make it work with his suggestion for a manual edit? I usually play with all DLC or with the base game only (origin for the last option), so it's been months since I last tried the tool.

Since a few months ago I don't have the customizable version anymore, since the person who created them stopped producing/sharing/authorizing me to re-post their repacks.

Right now the only officially supported versions are the All in One "as is" or the G4TW updates/patches installed on top of my All in One or on top of previous G4TW releases.

I wish we figure out a way to make it work, thanks for being extra patient and please accept my apologies for being a bit sick / slow lately.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2019, 13:24

thnx man, I installed the game folder and everything works now Smile

[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top