Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town Empty Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 21:57

I Recently installed sims3 frm an uploader(bigmanjohn) and had corrupt fullbuild packages & was very upset thn i spent another 4 days downloading thn installin the sims3 frm games4theworld thinking well i know i wont have any issues with this one.. It installed just fine and actually started, i was very excited & relieved.. thn upon loadin the town it goes very slow & crashes..evry single time i try.. now this is just beyond frustrating. I followed the installation video exactly & replaced the TS3 frm the crack folder as im only playin the base game.. i have no expansions nor mods. CAN SOME1 PLZ PLZ TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG..I KNOW ITS NOT MY LAPTOP AS IV HAD PREVIOUS SIMS 2 & 3 INSTALLED ON IT. I EVEN REINSTALLED IT USIN THE DIFF CRACKS FRM THE ULTIMATE FIX JUST TO SEE IF IT WUD WORK.. IM AT THE END OF MY ROPE WITH THIS GAME.. PLZ HELP!!

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town Empty Re: Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town

Post by Admin Tue 21 Feb 2012, 22:21

Hello,

Well, I hope you did read the instructions that came with the Fix, because in order for the Fix to work, you must install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Pets, Master Suite Stuff, Generations, Town Life Stuff.
Also, you must update your game to the latest version (v.1.29 at the moment), otherwise the Fix won't work either.

Did you do any of these, to start with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town Empty Re: Sims3 Keeps Crashing Upon Loading The Town

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 22:45

well as i said i only tried the fix just to see if it wud work as i was very frustrated.. but i did read the instructions. so other thn tht wat am i doing wrong initially with the base game as i only want to play it alone. it says something about im using an unofficial unauthorized copy but it stills starts thn crashes when i select sunset valley..
(i downloaded the fix as im still downloading generations & ambitions but dnt want to play thm any time soon). If i update the game after installing will it not crash?? not relating to the fix at all

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Feb 2012, 23:15

Hello,
After you installed the base game, did you update it at any point? If you did, that explains why it didn't work right since the crack that came with the base game isn't compatible with the update(s).
The unauthorized copy notification is normal and should be gone once you install expansions.
Your first priority now is to install Generations to get the fix to work. If you need help, let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 23:40

Hello,
And no i didnt update it.i just followed the exact instructions from the video. and it still crashes. i dnt want to play generations with it at the moment.. so using the fix with expansions isnt my concern for now. i just want to know wat to do to get the base game to work & not crash.. Help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:22

Hello,
You could try these.
But that doesn't guarantee anything. There's a good chance that the original base game version still has numerous bugs that could be causing these crashes. Bugs that are possibly fixed with a patch.
How do you feel about installing Town Life stuff or Master Suite stuff? These are only minor stuff packs that don't add anything significant to your base game, but they'll allow you to patch your game to the latest version with the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:42

I had this too, But when I applied the 'Ultimate Fix' it worked for me again.
Though now I sometimes get this error when I'm just playing the game.
But just saving is a sollution for that.

If you tried the ultimate fix then I would like to give you a list what 'MAY' work!
Here

NOTE: It's very long!

1. Delete all cache files and thumbnails (including files in the WORLDCACHE folder)?
2. Remove ALL custom content/mods from \Mods\Packages\ folder?
3. Play with new user files and no CC on a new game? (taken care of if you followed the Loading Crash Wiki)
4. How were you patching the games?
- Via Launcher or .exe files?
- If .exe files, do you use the cumulative ones or just directly 1.8_from_1.0 (and 2.3_from_2.0 for WA)?
5. You've bypassed Launcher and tried starting game via TS3EP01.exe?
6. Tried the FPS limiter by Pescado (@MATY)? It needs the 3Booter to launch, though.
7. Play in windowed mode?
- Alt-Enter to swap between the two modes or change the "fullscreen" value to "0" in "options.ini"
8. Do you play with high settings? If so, try throttling it back to medium or even low? Some examples:
- Set your high detail lots to a lower value?
- Turn off reflections?
- Turn off Advance rendering (in-game)?
- Turn off Anti-aliasing (in catalyst)?
9. Disable the in-game store button?
- change the "enableingamestore" to "0" in "options.ini"
10. Reset all options to default by deleting the "options.ini" file? (#8 & #9 can be skipped if doing this, or not having the option to make changes in-game, since it crash)
11. When you uninstalled, did you clear the machine of everything EA-related, including
- registry entries and leftover folders? (taken care of if you followed the Uninstall Wiki)
- the CAW tool?
- EADM?
12. Updated OS service packs, directx, drivers for GPU, sound, etc?
13. Shut off any/all unnecessary background tasks?
14. How about Firewall, Spyware & AV programs?
- Which do you use?
- Have you turn them off and test as well?
15. Do you have any disc emulation software installed like Roxio, Daemon, Alcohol, etc?
16. What is the DVD drive model? Is there a new firmware for it?
17. Increase virtual Memory.
18. If you have an older machine - last resort and for the tech-savvy - is there a BIOS update offered by the PC/Laptop OEM or motherboard manufacturer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top