Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not loading town, crashing issues, black screen of death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not loading town, crashing issues, black screen of death Empty Not loading town, crashing issues, black screen of death

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 05:38

Hello,

So, I've recently decided to come back playing TS3 because I haven't played in nearly a year. Last year, I stopped playing because after I installed Island Paradise, my game stopped working properly and I didn't bother to fix it. Now, I've uninstalled and reinstalled nearly all my SPs and EPs (I have Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Master Suite Stuff, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise) and followed the instructions here to a T, so I have the latest and last patch and applied the crack. I also followed the instructions here and I'm still encountering problems. I've also looked around the forum for similar problems but most of them have not updated on how they're doing.

So, my game loads all the way up to the loading screen when you load up a town, however the green bar stops or takes a million years to finish. Before I followed the instructions to download TS3 properly/fixing the crashing issue, the green bar never finished and stopped working all of a sudden. After following the instructions, I tried doing it again and it did this incredibly weird thing where it kept switching to the desktop and the game and it kept flashing like that until I logged out because I couldn't exit out of it properly. Sometimes it doesn't load at all and it's stuck at the black screen with my cursor loading, and I can only exit by using the task manager and the game just stops responding. I have Windows 7, running 64-bit, I have over 4GB of RAM to run the game and my game is optimized for gaming so I am sure my laptop meets the requirements to run it.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I do have mods for the game, but I've been encountering these problems running without mods. I've also done the instructions twice which solved the black screen problem for now, but the green loading bar won't finish when I select a town. Again, I have no mods running therefore there are no core mods that are outdated that could be interfering with the game.

Back to top Go down

Not loading town, crashing issues, black screen of death Empty Re: Not loading town, crashing issues, black screen of death

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 May 2014, 22:16

lixstorm wrote:Hello,

So, I've recently decided to come back playing TS3 because I haven't played in nearly a year. Last year, I stopped playing because after I installed Island Paradise, my game stopped working properly and I didn't bother to fix it. Now, I've uninstalled and reinstalled nearly all my SPs and EPs (I have Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Master Suite Stuff, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise) and followed the instructions here to a T, so I have the latest and last patch and applied the crack. I also followed the instructions here and I'm still encountering problems. I've also looked around the forum for similar problems but most of them have not updated on how they're doing.

So, my game loads all the way up to the loading screen when you load up a town, however the green bar stops or takes a million years to finish. Before I followed the instructions to download TS3 properly/fixing the crashing issue, the green bar never finished and stopped working all of a sudden. After following the instructions, I tried doing it again and it did this incredibly weird thing where it kept switching to the desktop and the game and it kept flashing like that until I logged out because I couldn't exit out of it properly. Sometimes it doesn't load at all and it's stuck at the black screen with my cursor loading, and I can only exit by using the task manager and the game just stops responding. I have Windows 7, running 64-bit, I have over 4GB of RAM to run the game and my game is optimized for gaming so I am sure my laptop meets the requirements to run it.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I do have mods for the game, but I've been encountering these problems running without mods. I've also done the instructions twice which solved the black screen problem for now, but the green loading bar won't finish when I select a town. Again, I have no mods running therefore there are no core mods that are outdated that could be interfering with the game.

Hello,

You have seemingly read my topic in the "Fixes"-section about this issue, and this is good. Smile  However, from a technical point of view, there aren't really many alternatives. Have you ALSO deleted the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 ? If not, please do so.

Now, have another  look at this other topic here and do steps #2 and #3: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Do this "DEP" (step #2) first. About step #3: if your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then download the "4 GB patch" from here. Otherwise, leave out this step.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. 

Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then. Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top