Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I update my game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I update my game? [SOLVED] Empty How do I update my game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 18:21

Hello! I'm super confused with this particular topic. The last DLC I have installed is Seasons, but my game is updated patch wise prior to the baby yoda one, which I believe is the November 25th pack? I'd like to update my game for university, but I don't really know how to do it since I have half the game installed and I'd like to toggle some expansions off after it is fully installed(I'd like to disable everything between Get Famous and University). 

I'm sorry if this is dumb but I really don't know how to do it. I read all the instructions on the Sims Architect website and I still don't know what to download! Sad

Back to top Go down

How do I update my game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How do I update my game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2020, 01:13

Hi, sorry. So I updated my game using The Sims Architect yoda patch and my game runs fine, except it won't recognise DU as installed. So, I obviously did something wrong and it feels like it's obvious but alas, my understanding of this whole thing has some limitations  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Jan 2020, 21:52

midnightpixels wrote:Hi, sorry. So I updated my game using The Sims Architect yoda patch and my game runs fine, except it won't recognise DU as installed. So, I obviously did something wrong and it feels like it's obvious but alas, my understanding of this whole thing has some limitations  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Hello,

If you downloaded the Discover-University EP, then copy just the EP08-folder from that DLC (ca. 1.53 GB in size), and into your TS4 installation folder. Merge folders & replace existing files when prompted. When done, try the game again.

We also have a secondary format of TS4 patchers coming up shortly (a.k.a. in about a week from now?), which will hopefully help those people who don't keep up with TS4 regularly and/or don't want all DLC. But as of right now we 'only' have these 20+ individual torrents and Sim Architect's All-In-One, so until we are able to get the new format going, we have to help ourselves with patching together individual(ized) solutions.

Good luck for now though!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 20:18

Ok thank you! So I don't have to keep asking this in the future (because I forget), would it be okay to download individual DLC when I wish to install a particular one instead of the whole lot, in case I don't keep up with the normal progression of DLC releases?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 01:13

midnightpixels wrote:Ok thank you! So I don't have to keep asking this in the future (because I forget), would it be okay to download individual DLC when I wish to install a particular one instead of the whole lot, in case I don't keep up with the normal progression of DLC releases?

When we release the new format, yes, that is the 'plan'. Please understand though that I cannot give any technical details in public as of yet.

Stay tuned for further announcements. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2020, 16:06

Sure, no problem! Thank you so much for all your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jan 2020, 23:11

midnightpixels wrote:Sure, no problem! Thank you so much for all your help!

Good news, while compiling the 'old format repack' for TS4 I grabbed some materials that are needed for the 'new format patches'. So after we do our usual release of TS4, and hopefully no longer than 3 days after the announcement, we'll be ready with the new stuff!

I shall also go ahead and close this thread for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top