Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED] Empty "the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:04

when trying to install the sims 3 world adventures, i get the error message thats in the topic, ive downloaded the base game from G4TW torrent if thats any help and i plan on installing the other expassion packs if i can get around this problem.

Last edited by NATIVEkeela on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:15

Hello,
This problem is easily solved by changing the SKU. Here's how its done:
*When you're done installing the base game, open "Start", type "regedit" in the search box and
then press [ENTER].
*When you're in the Register Editor, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3 OR IT MAY BE IN:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 (Windows 7, Vista)
*Here you'll see a file called "SKU". Double click on it and change the value - which
should be "2" or "7" - to "1" and press "OK". Now close the Register Editor.

Don't apply any cracks yet, use the ultimate fix for patching and cracking purposes.
Let us know if you run into any more problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

"the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "the setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. this update requires a different game region in order to be installed" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:42

thank you. i have another question: do i change the SKU back to 2 when re-installing WA? and also do i need to install the expansions in the order in which they came out?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:11

Hello,
No you don't need to change it back.
G4TW recommends the game be installed in this order.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 17:42

thank you, i have another question lol i'm soo sorry Smile so i install generations after the base game and then any of the other expansions i want and when that is done i should only install the townlife/generations crack from the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 17:44

Hello,
After you've updated to 1.24 yes Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 17:47

earlier before you told me i wouldnt have to change the sku in WA so do i just skip this step?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 17:54

Hello,
Only change the SKU if the installer gives you an error about the game region.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 18:15

do i ignore all the cracks in WA and skip to install? i already did the patch that was in the #1 crack folder

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 18:48

Hello,
Yes you can install it just like that, you don't need the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 19:24

okay so ive installed the base game, generations, WA, ambitions, and late night in that order and i did not apply any of the cracks except the town life/generations crack in the ultimate fix and when i push the play button on the launcher its asking for a disc. what did i do wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Oct 2011, 19:53

Hello,
You copied the crack to the wrong folder, or the wrong file to the right folder.
From the fix, you need to take the files found in the crack folder and paste them in the C:\program files\electronic arts\The Sims 3\game\bin folder.
In the installationguide (that came with the fix), this is step 14.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 14 Oct 2011, 20:13

NATIVEkeela wrote:okay i did just that and i keep getting the same message Sad
Hello,

If you like, you can contact me via the Forum's chatbox now and I'll try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top