Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 01:07

Hello!

I've just installed Get to work according to these instructions: 
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-59-73-1020-1-59-73-1520#146695

However, when launching the game I get the Origin is not currently running. 

I've downloaded the Get to work, I've extracted the file and placed it over the Sims 4 base game folder in Program Files. 
I would really appreciate the help. I've found a post having the same problem but since that person had the problem while downloading a certain DLC which is far away from this one I wasn't sure whether the steps recommended were applicable for me.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 01:12

I do not have Origin nor have I ever installed the game before on this PC.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 04:31

Base game worked but once Get to work came around, it stopped working

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 04:41

I've also disabled windows defender firewall according to instructions provided on the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 01:11

zukmina wrote:I've also disabled windows defender firewall according to instructions provided on the site.

Sorry for the slightly belated response,

I'm currently experiencing technical problems with my PC screen, and I need to order a new one, so I'm not doing much right now. If you feel confident you did the Windows Firewall correctly, and all of your other antivirus software too, then try re-copying and re-pasting your Get to Work DLC, over your base game installation of TS4. Replace all existing files when prompted and merge folders too.

Then try the game again. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 03:15

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking time to help me out!
I've fixed the issue, however, it didn't take me long enough to encounter a new one.

Upon downloading Parenthood, I've tried applying the update I've wrote down below. As I understood from the previous update, I'm supposed to delete the game folder and replace it with the new one. And so I did. But the game wouldn't start, I kept getting the error: unable to start because required game data is missing or damaged..." So, I thought I should've replaced all the files within the new update with the files currently in the The Sims 4 folder. And, so I did. The error appeared again. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't have deleted the game folder so I've went on to undo button, but it only allowed me to go undo move x2. Basically, now there are 2 game folders within my bin (I'm guessing one is from the previous update). And I don't know what I did or what I should do. I'm thinking I should just locate the newer game folder within the bin, replace it and that should (according to my amateur logic) get me back to the start prior to the update. 

But, I don't want to mess it up again so I'm asking here.
I'm sorry if I made this all too complicated. I've tried locating the validator but I can't find the right link. 
1.30.105.1010 game update

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 03:20

There~

Code:
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html

(we will restore the thread of that validator in a little bit, but for now this will do).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 03:24

Wow, that was a quick response, thanks! Here, I hope I did it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 03:25

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 03:34

You know, we don't really have the "tools" yet to help in these case, but we will, very soon. We have a new patch of The Sims 4 in planning, that would basically in one stroke solve your problem.

But until then, what can I say?

Do you absolutely want to play The Sims 4 right now? If so, keep installing until "Cats & Dogs". You can grab them from the old downloads page ads-free, or if you want to endure the ads, then grab them from the Forum here somewhere.

But yes, this would be temporary solution for you now (hopefully), until we manage to get the new patch out.

P.S. you can delete the "unknown files". They don't hurt, but you don't need them either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 04:01

Oh my God, you're a genius! It worked!!! Thank you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 04:03

OK, another problem.. After installing the Toddlers my whole game is in spanish. I have a Los Sims 4 folder. There was no error in spanish though. I've found old posts resolving this but it says they're obsolete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 04:09

I would like to download the DLC's up till the end, if that makes a difference?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-59-73-1020

so, i think (from this) I should just continue downloading till the end, and if there's still a problem try the solutions from the link. yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 04:14

I mean, do I now (after applying the Toddler stuffpack), delete the Game folder and continue with the DLC's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 08:14

I've finished this all and it works perfectly. Just one last question. Am I allowed to delete the zip files after I've extracted them? 

btw, i really appreciate all the effort you put in for all of us. thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 08:37

Or, can I just move all the zips and extracted folders from the Downloads to the external hard drive so that my Downloads folder is empty? Will Sims 4 and the DLC's still work?

I'm only asking because I need the space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 08:41

If this option (transfering to external hard drive) would interfere with the game, can I delete winrars or the extracted folders from the Downloads? If so, which one?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 15:39

zukmina wrote:Oh my God, you're a genius! It worked!!! Thank you!!!

zukmina wrote:I mean, do I now (after applying the Toddler stuffpack), delete the Game folder and continue with the DLC's?

zukmina wrote:If this option (transfering to external hard drive) would interfere with the game, can I delete winrars or the extracted folders from the Downloads? If so, which one?

Hello again!!

It seems you managed to get everything working. Yes, if there is a problem with endless loading screens/game in Spanish, then just delete your "Game"-subfolder within your TS4 installation, and proceed with applying the subsequent updates.

Yes, you can delete all of the .rar files, and the .7z ones too of course.

But here's another - even better - tip. Backup your entire TS4 installation folder somewhere. For example, copy it on an external hard-drive. That way, you don't need to re-download these files later, when for example you move to a new computer or something. Optional, but recommended additional step. Pack your entire TS4 installation folder in a .rar or .7z archive file. Or even make an .iso image file, if you have PowerISO. Because if you do that, it will reduce chances of file corruption, when you backup your TS4 folder on the external drive.

When we hopefully get the new patch out, people won't have to apply all these individual & older releases anymore. Though we will still continue with the "old format TS4 repacks" as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 20:04

Hey, thank you for replying again! I have an external hard disk ready. So, I select all the win rar folders, go to "send to" and then "compressed zipped folder"? and then that folder to external disk? 
do i do the same for the already extracted files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jan 2020, 20:05

external hard drive***

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 20:21

No, look, you don't need these individual .rar/.7z files anymore. You can delete them, to free up space on your hard-drive.

You only need to backup your The Sims 4 installation folder, which is the one where you start your game from. I think it's currently around 35 GB in size.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2020, 07:47

Got it. Thank you so much for all the help! I know I've been a handful.

I look forward to seeing all the things you're planning. Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jan 2020, 20:42

zukmina wrote:Got it. Thank you so much for all the help! I know I've been a handful.

I look forward to seeing all the things you're planning. Thanks!!!

It's alright, and you're welcome.

First of all we'll have to wait anyhow, for CODEX's new crack. Then we have to create multiple mirror links on multiple platforms, because I expect the 'new' project will attract some unwanted attention. But all in good time!

Feel free to get back to us again anytime, if something else comes up. In the meantime I'll close the topic and mark it as 'solved'. 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top