Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing - what am I doing wrong?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing - what am I doing wrong? Empty Installing - what am I doing wrong?

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2020, 15:49

This is probably going to be a silly question but I can't work this out and I'm wondering if I'm just reading things wrong.

I have all Sims 4 games/packs up to Seasons currently installed (which I did through G4TW). Decided since the release of University that I would get the rest. So I'm starting with Get Famous, have it downloaded and extracted the file to my desktop before I need to move it. But how do I install it? Maybe I'm just blanking out here but I'm sure in the past there was an obvious installer application? But in the 'installer' folder the only app. files I have are 'touchup' and 'cleanup' ...

So what am I misunderstanding here and how do I install? Feels silly since I obviously did the others fine years ago but coming back to it now I'm totally lost.

Back to top Go down

Installing - what am I doing wrong? Empty Re: Installing - what am I doing wrong?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 Jan 2020, 16:13

BringCerseiMoreWine wrote:This is probably going to be a silly question but I can't work this out and I'm wondering if I'm just reading things wrong.

I have all Sims 4 games/packs up to Seasons currently installed (which I did through G4TW). Decided since the release of University that I would get the rest. So I'm starting with Get Famous, have it downloaded and extracted the file to my desktop before I need to move it. But how do I install it? Maybe I'm just blanking out here but I'm sure in the past there was an obvious installer application? But in the 'installer' folder the only app. files I have are 'touchup' and 'cleanup' ...

So what am I misunderstanding here and how do I install? Feels silly since I obviously did the others fine years ago but coming back to it now I'm totally lost.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @BringCerseiMoreWine I tip my fedora. ,

You 'install' these G4TW repacks simply by extracting all stuff from the archive file (.rar or .7z) and then move it under your installation folder of TS4. When prompted, choose to merge folders and replace all existing files. There is no classic installer with these TS4 repacks, the only exception being that base game.

Not sure if you already downloaded the rest of these torrents (following Seasons), but if not! We are planning to release a much-needed and improved secondary format of TS4 repacks, that will be much easier to use than the multitude of current repacks. It will be of great help especially for people who do not keep up with the game regularly.

So if you like, stay tuned in the coming days!  Talk to my left hand
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing - what am I doing wrong? Empty Re: Installing - what am I doing wrong?

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2020, 12:03

Thank you so much!

I did wonder if that might be a possibility, but I thought better to ask rather than implode all my game files haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top