Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED] Empty Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 22:00

I keep setting the install location to my 1TB HDD and not my SSD but when i change the install location, it still loads into my main drive.

It's a weird problem, and by now ive uninstalled and reinstalled 7 times with the same problem.

This is an issue with the base game if it wasnt obvious.

Back to top Go down

Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Jun 2018, 23:25

KpCarnright wrote:This is an issue with the base game if it wasnt obvious.

Hello,

Yes, this is a known issue with the G4TW base game, but you can move the install folder of TS4 after installing:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

At least it's a workaround.  I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Keeps installing to the wrong location? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 23:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello,

Yes, this is a known issue with the G4TW base game, but you can move the install folder of TS4 after installing:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

At least it's a workaround.  I tip my fedora.

Always saving my ass. thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 01:25

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello,

At least it's a workaround.  [smiley]https://2img.net/u/1915/15/94/87/smiles/403625536.gif[/smiley]

I lied. That didn't even work. Every corner I turn something screws up with this install. I give up. I'm just not meant to play sins anymore

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jun 2018, 02:03

KpCarnright wrote:I lied. That didn't even work. Every corner I turn something screws up with this install. I give up. I'm just not meant to play sins anymore

Sent from Topic'it App

What is the problem? Smile  Note that even if you move the actual install folder elsewhere (than on C: ), the saves/mods/etc. will still be saved by default under the C: drive. One way to go about this, is to right-click on the folder "Documents", and search for something like "save location". Change that to your desired filepath.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 02:06

I got a .dll error each time. Even when not trying to move it. I can't find a whitelist option anywhere in the McAfee Antivirus settings all I can see is an app program exception and that doesn't help with it deleting random files

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jun 2018, 02:14

KpCarnright wrote:I got a .dll error each time. Even when not trying to move it. I can't find a whitelist option anywhere in the McAfee Antivirus settings all I can see is an app program exception and that doesn't help with it deleting random files

Sent from Topic'it App

Can you give me the exact wording of the error? And if you believe it's related to the antivirus, and you cannot find an option to whitelist, you may need to consider doing without McAfee. 

If you happen to have a premium account of McAffee (to my surprise, a very common reply on here, whenever I suggest the above)... then you still have to prioritize.

If you have Windows 10, it's also a good idea to disable Windows Defender:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 02:19

Yeah, I disabled windows defender already. But I turned my pc off cause I got pissed. Ik it said it could be my antivirus as number 2

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 03:46

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
KpCarnright wrote:I got a .dll error each time. Even when not trying to move it. I can't find a whitelist option anywhere in the McAfee Antivirus settings all I can see is an app program exception and that doesn't help with it deleting random files

Sent from Topic'it App

Can you give me the exact wording of the error? And if you believe it's related to the antivirus, and you cannot find an option to whitelist, you may need to consider doing without McAfee. 

If you happen to have a premium account of McAffee (to my surprise, a very common reply on here, whenever I suggest the above)... then you still have to prioritize.

If you have Windows 10, it's also a good idea to disable Windows Defender:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

http://prntscr.com/k07fqy

thats what i just got. got it installed and moved over to D:/ and just got this trying to open base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:03

KpCarnright wrote:

thats what i just got. got it installed and moved over to D:/ and just got this trying to open base game.

I'm sorry for the belated reply,

We were working on the new 1.44.83.1020 patch (which is my excuse here Very Happy ). If you still need help: do you plan on playing ONLY the base game? If so, the error can be easily fixed usually, by going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and deleting the file GameVersion.txt.

Then re-start the (base) game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
KpCarnright wrote:

I'm sorry for the belated reply,

We were working on the new 1.44.83.1020 patch (which is my excuse here [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png[/smiley] ). If you still need help: do you plan on playing ONLY the base game? If so, the error can be easily fixed usually, by going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and deleting the file GameVersion.txt.

Then re-start the (base) game.

Actually there's someone on here that offered a bundle iso disk if the base game and all exps. It installed and works fine.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:13

KpCarnright wrote:
Actually there's someone on here that offered a bundle iso disk if the base game and all exps. It installed and works fine.

Sent from Topic'it App

Alright, then we can consider the topic solved I guess. Smile  Thanks for letting us know! Thread closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top