Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing a messed up install?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fixing a messed up install? Empty Fixing a messed up install?

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 02:46

Hey all.

I installed the Tiny Living pack and had Build/Buy glitches that made the game unplayable (which I now realise may have been due to mods, whoops). So I used CTRL+Z to remove the Tiny Living files from the game folder and then tried moving them back in again. Now my game says Tiny Living isn't installed and I can't move past the loading screen when I try to load a save. Mods/CC are disabled. 

I'm not sure what exactly I've messed up or how to fix it - any ideas? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Fixing a messed up install? Empty Re: Fixing a messed up install?

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 03:06

Apologies for the double post (can't find where to edit/delete the original). Mods feel free to delete/close this thread!

The problem was my desktop shortcut leading to the old .exe file - I had never renamed the Game folder before an update rather than just deleting it so hadn't realised that the shortcut path had changed as well. Build Mode glitch was fixed after updating UI Cheats Extension mod. Looks all good now.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 25 Jan 2020, 13:32

Hello! and welcome to the forum. More than likely you removed a file you should not have. I believe that you should solve your problem by re-installing the Tiny living stuff pack which should place back the files you removed. Remember to follow the instructions again. If it still gives you problems after re-installing the Tiny Living Pack again, then I would suggest to run Anadious Sims 4 Validator Tool and post the results here.
For future reference, always remove the problem CC or mods, there is no need to touch the game files. Remember, to always have a backup of your old saves, since once the save gets corrupted, for whichever reason, it will be unplayable and you would loose your progress.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top