Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game? Empty Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2020, 19:22

I'm having a sudden issue where two script mods that used to work together just fine now seem to conflict when it comes to one mod's functionality. I don't want to say what the issue is or what the mods are because I seem to be literally the only one who has ever had this problem, and with people across both servers scratching their heads over this, I don't want to risk being found out and booted from the servers for being a pirate (especially because everyone has been incredibly nice and helpful to the best of their abilities--I'd hate to make them feel like they've wasted a ton of time on me). My one saving grace regarding it probably not being related to the game being pirated is that I handed off a save file to one of the mods and the issue was replicated immediately, so maybe my save files are just cursed. (I've done all the typical updates/cache-chearing/cc removal/mod reinstallation/clean-folder install troubleshooting; none of that seems to be related.) Even though the script mods used to work, I'm still paranoid that having a pirated copy might have an impact though. Is that possible?

Back to top Go down

Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game? Empty Re: Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Feb 2020, 19:43

astrogeist wrote:and with people across both servers scratching their heads over this, I don't want to risk being found out and booted from the servers for being a pirate (...)

Hello @astrogeist,

I assume you are talking about Discord (or other American social media) platforms that deal with giving support on certain mods. I can give you a quick answer: no, it doesn't matter. A game is a game, whether you got it through Origin or "elsewhere".

The only thing you have to be careful with though is when you submit last-exceptions or savefiles, that they always match with the latest available Origin patch. So when there is a new Origin-patch, WAIT until the cracked versions catch up. So both the Origin and cracked games should be on the same & latest patch version.

Because if you submit something, and they see that the version number of the game is lower than the latest available Origin version, they'll start asking questions. "Why didn't you update through Origin yet", and so forth. They can deduce from that scenario that your game is in fact pirated.

Other than that ... this is a trope that is being created, that "mods don't work on cracked games". And it is wrong. Too bad we can't give more proper support on that aspect, on G4TW here. Though lately @grieralexander ha made some strides in that direction, in the following manner. As for me, I barely play Sims games nowadays. My work mostly involves managing these Forums and helping prepare those cracked updates. 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game? Empty Re: Is there any possibility whatsoever that script mods can break as a result of using a pirated game?

Post by grieralexander Fri 07 Feb 2020, 20:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
astrogeist wrote:and with people across both servers scratching their heads over this, I don't want to risk being found out and booted from the servers for being a pirate (...)

Hello @astrogeist,

I assume you are talking about Discord (or other American social media) platforms that deal with giving support on certain mods. I can give you a quick answer: no, it doesn't matter. A game is a game, whether you got it through Origin or "elsewhere".

The only thing you have to be careful with though is when you submit last-exceptions or savefiles, that they always match with the latest available Origin patch. So when there is a new Origin-patch, WAIT until the cracked versions catch up. So both the Origin and cracked games should be on the same & latest patch version.

Because if you submit something, and they see that the version number of the game is lower than the latest available Origin version, they'll start asking questions. "Why didn't you update through Origin yet", and so forth. They can deduce from that scenario that your game is in fact pirated.

Other than that ... this is a trope that is being created, that "mods don't work on cracked games". And it is wrong. Too bad we can't give more proper support on that aspect, on G4TW here. Though lately @grieralexander ha made some strides in that direction, in the following manner. As for me, I barely play Sims games nowadays. My work mostly involves managing these Forums and helping prepare those cracked updates. 

Carlos is tha man

Adding to what @The_gh0stm4n already mentioned, I started with G4TW games while Sims 3 was in its infancy and I had just moved and the games were so expensive that I would spend thousands, if I wanted a complete game (all DLC's). Actually I was looking for a fix because my game was broken although it was legit up to that point.

To make a long story short, I have always used Mods with Sims 3 and now with Sims 4, always! Sims 3 was no problems, since NRA mods had no problems helping people with nonofficial copies of the game; sadly that has changed a lot. I have provided links for a mod tracking list in which major mods are posted, try to always keep up with it and visit the pages of the moders that upkeep the mods you use. Script mods will almost always have to be updated every time a patch comes out, it is the way the game engine works every time EA changes something. So, if you have trait mods or UI extenxions, beware, because they will also need updating.

These mods change the way the game is played, thus any change in the engine via EA patch could make them stop working, others, just conflict with one another, so it is also important to look at the instances they change and that they do not overlap.

Last exceptions are created by two major mod MCC and WW, and also by Better exceptions. With any of these creators you need to be careful what you submit, since they will give you a hard time for a non-official copy of the game. I am at the moment getting some tutoring on Last Exceptions and hopefully, if I become good at it, I want to propose to @The_gh0stm4n a tutorial that will allow us to offer Last Exceptions support.

For example, while constructing my tutorial I had to make my game come up with a last exception and could not! So, finally, I got one last night and I started to unravel it. First I thought it was a piece of Furniture, so I removed it, I kept on getting the Last Exception... I started to read it carefully and noticed it was a script mod! The script mod changed the way the Sims could use that one piece of furniture and the height was different than the rig they used for the EA overrride animation, thus the game got corrupted no matter what I did, until I removed such mod, until they solve the problem. On the other hand, there are some good modders out-there that also use non-official copies of the game to test their mods and take the game appart to mod it. In short, it does not make a difference if the game is official or not. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top