Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Empty Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 18:19

I used to create, download and share rooms and lots without a problem. My game started having issues so I uninstalled everything and redownloaded it. Ever since then, when I save the room file, it downloads as having MIDI Sequence files (audio) - something I've never seen before. Even old files (rooms/lots) that I have saved to MediaFire, when I redownload the builds, they now show as containing these MIDI Sequence files. How do I fix this? 
Image capture of my tray folder - highlighted with the room I just tried to save.Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Captur10

Back to top Go down

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Empty Re: Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2020, 03:23

Hello @Wahots79,

I don't think this affects the functionality of your downloaded rooms/lots. The reason you have this in the first place is because you (or maybe someone else with access to your computer) accidentally tried the option named "open with => choose app". And if you select an app from the list that pops up, you get that little nuisance. This is my theory.

You can either roll with it, or try meddling with your registry. Press Windows key + R, type regedit, hit enter. Go under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT => look for the .midi folder and delete it (right-click/delete)

Then go under HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Software => Classes, look for a .midi folder, and do the same there. You will probably have to re-boot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Empty Re: Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files.

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2020, 15:43

Nope. I tried it. I deleted the .MIDI as you said, restarted the computer, restarted Sims4, tried to save the room to the tray folder...again I ended up with .midi as shown. Sadly it is affecting my ability to place the room and share it with others.Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Captur11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Feb 2020, 00:33

Hello again,

Go under any Folder and click on the tab "View" towards the top.

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. S1a9qQn

Tick the box "file name extensions", if it's not clicked already. See if the actual file type extension shows up for those weird files.

In addition, try this here too:

Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. RWLLhzS

Control Panel => Appearance and Personalization => File Explorer Options => View, and then tick OFF the box that says "hide extensions for known file types".

In my example it's ticked on, but you should temporarily tick it off.

After that go back to your Tray folder and look at the weird files again. Do they really show as .midi files? Or something else? If they show as something else, repeat the procedure with the registry that I mentioned above, just with whatever filetype pops up now.

Good luck again!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 02:41

Sorry for the delayed response, I was down with bronchitis. I followed all the steps and the files are STILL showing as .MIDI files

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Mar 2020, 05:29

Wahots79 wrote:Sorry for the delayed response, I was down with bronchitis. I followed all the steps and the files are STILL showing as .MIDI files

Hello again and sorry to hear,

Would you pack your contents of the "Tray"-folder in a .rar or .7z archive file, and then upload it to a free filehosting service such as MEGA or MediaFire? I would like to do some tests myself. I can't really go into specifics, because I don't even know what to expect, but this would be a huge help.

Other than that, when exactly did you start noticing problems with placing down houses, do you happen to remember? Did these problems only surface when certain files turned into .midi, or did you experience that earlier already?

Please also try using anadius's validator tool, and post the results in a reply here:
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 01 Mar 2020, 16:11

Wahots79 wrote:I used to create, download and share rooms and lots without a problem. My game started having issues so I uninstalled everything and redownloaded it. Ever since then, when I save the room file, it downloads as having MIDI Sequence files (audio) - something I've never seen before. Even old files (rooms/lots) that I have saved to MediaFire, when I redownload the builds, they now show as containing these MIDI Sequence files. How do I fix this? 
Image capture of my tray folder - highlighted with the room I just tried to save.Saved Rooms showing MIDI Sequence files. Captur10
As @The_gh0stm4n mentioned, this do not affect the game play, actually these files need to be there for the rooms to upload properly. The reason that you may have never seen them before is that they were not link to an application, like a movie viewer and now the files are linked to it. However, I assure you there is no problems and do not remove them, thinking they are a virus or something else. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top