Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu Empty No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 06:26

Hello ALL!!! Im not sure if this is where i post this. Im not even sure that no one has posted this yet. However I have searched this site and googled like a madwoman. Here is my issue. I downloaded all of the sims expansions and stuff packs. Downloaded the ultimate fix. I have installed everything according to the instructions. Again and Again and Again. Several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still  this problem persists. Like stated in the topic no towns show up in the drop down menu when I finally get to the main menu. No saved games. Nothing when I click the little three dots to get to the options menu. There is nothing there. Before the game starts I get the message about how I may have installed something and the game may not work properly. You can either press cancel or continue. I have no idea what to do here. I just want to play the sims! Anyone please help. And as an added bonus because Im curious. Has anyone heard a release date for The Sims 4 yet?

Back to top Go down

No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu Empty Re: No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:38

Please make sure you applied the Ultimate Fix correctly.
Also, you might have a conflicting Mod/CC: check they are all up to date!

Back to top Go down

No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu Empty Re: No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 22:11

I have the same problem as OP. In the dropdown menu there are no towns.. what may I have done wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 22:44

jegermeg1 wrote:I have the same problem as OP. In the dropdown menu there are no towns.. what may I have done wrong?

Hello and welcome! Very Happy 
So I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if you make a new topic so things wouldn't get complicated here! Wink It's just a suggestion.
All you guys need to do is make sure you applied the ultimate fix correctly, and you need to see if you have the requirements of the ultimate fix,(read the installation guide). You need to have certain expansion or stuff packs in order for the ultimate fix to work properly, and you need to have your game updated to latest version since the ultimate fix is only compatible with the latest updates. You have to download and apply the manual patch to in order for you to update your game.(LoriliHime's post just reminded me Facepalm ).
Try these and see what happens and let us know! Cool

Last edited by ellajohnson on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 23:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 23:11

I would like to remind you that your saved games are NOT gone. Please review this article.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408651692600979&set=a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074&type=1&stream_ref=10
If this is the same issue you are having, try reapplying the manual patch and downloaded the newest version of the ultimate fix. Then copy and replace the files into the sims 3 base game bin.
Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Game/ Bin

If this doesn't correct the issue please let us know so we can help you further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 00:25

ok thank you Very Happy but can you give me a link to the manual patch?

Back to top Go down

No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu Empty The Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 08:26

I have reapplied the ultimate fix and the manual patch at least seven times. At the very least. I have grown extremely frustrated. I cant play my game at all! Are there any other issues that could be causing this. I dont have any cc. My laptop is only a year old. The game was working fine, until I tried to fix that psycho, this game could crash because of mods or cc error that kept popping up. I uninstalled everything. Re-installed everything and now I have this issue and I still keep getting the error. Please any help would be lovely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 09:39

I am having the same issue. I followed the directions(have also successfully installed your EPs and cracks before). I have also tried deleting the ..Documents>Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 folder. I am still getting a blank UI.

Let me know if I need to start my own thread.

//EDIT: Fixed it. I'm a dumbass. I was taking the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll from the "all expansions..." folder of the fix and not from the "#crack" folder. Maybe a simplified version of the Ultimate Fix is needed, as the stuff in the other folders is seldom used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:40

I am going to attempt to reinstall again. Hopefully it works this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:42

Hello,
Miira, for future reference, please do not double post and please do open a new thread for your problem.
Glad your problem was fixed anyway! Wink 

luvpudds, please do a complete uninstall using YourUninstallerPro, then go ahead with a fresh install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 23:54

I had never heard of youruninstaller pro. I will give it a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 09:34

Ok I have reinstalled. Applied the fix. Main Menu still a total blank. I have no idea what else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:27

I give up. There seems to be nothing I can do to fix this. I am so upset. I feel like Im going to cry now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:40

Hello,

Can you show a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to?
A "detailed" version of the folder please, with the creation dates of the files showing, as well as the folders' path.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 07:05

If you give me some basic instructions on how to show the folders path, I am sure that I could.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 09:40

luvpudds wrote:If you give me some basic instructions on how to show the folders path, I am sure that I could.

Basically Lady Eldi means this: No Towns or Saved Games Showing Up In Main Menu Screen27

All you have to do, is to upload a screenshot showing the folder where you have copied and pasted the # Crack to.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 17:20

Has anyone resolved this problem? I just got a new computer and moved all of my sim iso files to it and installed them, updating as I went. I made sure that I was up to date and then installed the ultimate fix. [size=12.727272033691406]I have used the fix multiple times with no problem, but this time no towns show up in the main menu, and selecting to start a new game does nothing. I went back through and reread all directions, and followed them again, checking to make sure I did not put any files in the wrong folders, and still have no options in the menu.[/size]

I am currently downloading the manual patch, even though I am up to date. I will update on if this works or not.

The only difference between what I have installed now and what I had on my last computer is that I have added Supernatural. Does anyone else with this problem have Supernatural? Maybe it is a problem with the expansion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Feb 2014, 18:20

riahbobiah wrote:Has anyone resolved this problem? I just got a new computer and moved all of my sim iso files to it and installed them, updating as I went. I made sure that I was up to date and then installed the ultimate fix. [size=12.7333]I have used the fix multiple times with no problem, but this time no towns show up in the main menu, and selecting to start a new game does nothing. I went back through and reread all directions, and followed them again, checking to make sure I did not put any files in the wrong folders, and still have no options in the menu.[/size]

I am currently downloading the manual patch, even though I am up to date. I will update on if this works or not.

The only difference between what I have installed now and what I had on my last computer is that I have added Supernatural. Does anyone else with this problem have Supernatural? Maybe it is a problem with the expansion?
Hello,

Like Lori said, please check this out: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408651692600979&set=a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074&type=1&stream_ref=10
And indeed, please follow these up-to-date steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , so EVEN if you're already on the latest version of the game, RE-DOWNLOAD both the Ultimate Fix AND the manual patch.

Good luck! If it didn't work, please open your own topic, so we can provide personal help.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 18:43

I had the same problem, because i took the *crack folder from the last game I have installed and not from ultimate fix folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 18:45

Admin wrote:(...) please open your own topic, so we can provide personal help.

Tamara345 wrote:I had the same problem, because i took the *crack folder from the last game I have installed and not from ultimate fix folder.

Hello,

If you have any questions, please open a new topic. If not, please make it clear that it is a tip/trick rather than a problem.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top