Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Sims 4 Glitch: Missing Items error when placing lots from the gallery.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest Sims 4 Glitch: Missing Items error when placing lots from the gallery. Empty Latest Sims 4 Glitch: Missing Items error when placing lots from the gallery.

Post by grieralexander Tue 03 Mar 2020, 22:01

As I write this, there is a lynch mob building on Sims Social Media, due to missing items in paid for lots! First of all, no one made you donate or support people by buying CC, is something you, yourself made a decision to. The creators involved assure the plaintiffs that all the CC items used for the lots are there, and for once, I believe them, because there has been reports of that glitch, I believe I even made a post about it here. The bug works in different ways for everyone; some may get the missing items notice and nothing is actually missing from the lot. Others, will be missing items that the game engine failed to load. Indeed, there are others who will be missing items, but if they try to replace them, they will get the red error that there is an item already there, and some, even though all the doors and arches are there, get routing errors, because the sims fail to see them as door or arches. Facepalm 
The work around: Actually it tends to happen more frequently in lots that have use cheat codes and mods to place items in the game, that actually the game would not allow, without the use of such cheats or mods. Two that I can mention are: bb.movecheats on and ignore entitlements, also the use of TOOL mod, which allows the builder almost total control of an item while building. Those of us, who played sims 3 know that lots were a pain, if not placed where they were build originally, they would sink, rise above, etc. On sims 4 we have not encounter that problem yet, unless the builder use cheats or mods, so you may end up missing a roof or a story of the building if you rotate it, etc. Beware of CC doors and arches that may be outdated. The game will not tell you, you will just get routing errors Why? these doors were cloned from items that EA updates with their patches, but the CC ones do not get an update, so get rid of them! If you must have such lot in your game, then go in and replace doors and arches as needed. "But, they will not come off" destroy the piece of wall that is being a problem and place it again and now place your working door or arch. What about the missing items? Sadly you will have to replace those also and try not to abuse the bb.moveobjects cheat or the use of OMSP's (place holders). And a gentle advice, keep your cool, after all is just pixels. I tip my fedora.

Gatekeeper Edit: stickied.

- The_gh0stm4n
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top