Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack? Empty How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 18:02

How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack? There's just an iso file...

Back to top Go down

How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack? Empty Re: How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 18:19

asterisk0228 wrote:How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack? There's just an iso file...

Hello @asterisk0228,

I never used that thing myself. The download was introduced by a former guest contributor, who meanwhile is banned from G4TW. If it had been my decision to do so, this piece of garbage would not have been released. But alas, sometimes we have to roll with things as they come, don't we?

Back to your question. As said, I never used the download myself. But usually there is some kind of "setup.exe" within the .iso file. You can either mount the .iso file in a virtual drive with the help of a program such as PowerISO. Or in Windows 8 and Windows 10 you can also right-click on the .iso file and look for the option "open with => Windows Explorer". Then you can navigate the inside of the .iso file like a normal folder basically.

Then look for a setup.exe or something similar-sounding.

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack? Empty Re: How do I install the Sims 3 complete collection G4TW repack?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2020, 19:41

ooohhh... I'm kinda iffy about installing this now, but I've spent a lot of time downloading it... I might just download the other collection most likely, but I wanna try installing this one first. Thanks for the response!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2020, 17:44

asterisk0228 wrote:ooohhh... I'm kinda iffy about installing this now, but I've spent a lot of time downloading it... I might just download the other collection most likely, but I wanna try installing this one first. Thanks for the response!

To be fair, the download itself is fully functional, otherwise we would not have released it. But the thing is, you know, with these automated and compressed installers that are so popular with most "other repacker groups", you are bound to encounter various errors. Sometimes you can fix these errors by freeing up some RAM and/or re-booting the PC. And granted, it is easier in the sense that you don't have to do any extra steps.

As a rule of thumb, always try making use of what you already have. Don't re-download immediately.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top