Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2020, 10:26

Hi! I'm fairly new here! Smile

I've tried all the patch fixes, the installation guides, looked at another topic with the same issue but the fixes there didn't solve my problem. 
I still haven't played with the game yet as this issue hasn't been letting me to. 

I'm on patch version: 1.67.2.024017 (I updated the game from the update patch available on the website here)
I do not have any mods/cc installed. 

System specs:
I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] System10

Screenshot of the issue:
I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] Sims_310

Thanks so much in advance! Smile)
11:24:51 // 03.24.20

Back to top Go down

I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2020, 12:53

I've also uninstalled + reinstalled the game multiple times.

Back to top Go down

I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Mar 2020, 21:44

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @amzsims,

This here:

amzsims wrote:I've also uninstalled + reinstalled the game multiple times.

Is exactly what you should NOT do, with The Sims 3. It's a very "fragile" game, and if you keep uninstalling/re-installing there may be leftover files or registry entries, making the entire procedure even more complicated.

First things first, did you use WinRAR for extracting the .rar download, if you got the item(s) from G4TW? Next, what is the torrent client you used for downloading the item(s)? qBittorrent and Tixati are good clients, while I don't recommend uTorrent or Vuze in the year 2020 and beyond.

Next, please re-download the manual patch, preferably with a different internet browser than the one you used initially. And then you grab the Ultimate Fix from here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

And apply it to your base game installation path, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace existing files when prompted. Good luck for now!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2020, 21:58

i used 7zip to extract it and unfortunately used utorrent to download the files. yes, i did download them via g4tw Smile
i will apply the patch tomorrow and reply with the result! thanks already Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2020, 00:29

i tried what you suggested and sadly still having the issue Sad

I'm having issues with The Sims 3 - start up screen disappeared. [SOLVED] Annota10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Mar 2020, 17:05

Can you try using WinRAR for extracting these older G4TW Downloads? Smile

I know most people say that "it doesn't matter which extraction program you use", but in my experience, .rar should always be opened only with WinRAR, and .7z with 7-zip.

Sorry for the slightly belated response as well!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2020, 14:43

that seemed to fix it! thanks a bunch!! <3

Gatekeeper Edit: solved & closed. Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top