Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin. Empty Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2020, 07:16

Hi! My game refuses to start due to the required game is damaged. And it's telling me to repair it.

//EDIT

I also tried the method where if your game isn't working you just take the electronic arts folder out and it didn't work so i'm gonna post the validator thing soon.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin. Empty Re: Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Mar 2020, 16:01

itsacowboysworld wrote:I also tried the method where if your game isn't working you just take the electronic arts folder out and it didn't work so i'm gonna post the validator thing soon.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @itsacowboysworld,

Re-positioning your installation folder of The Sims 4 won't help in that case, because the error message means something is wrong with one or more files, within your TS4 installation. Yes, please do run the validator. I would also recommend that if you do the scan, to un-check the box that says "Quick Scan".

When the scan is finished, feel free to post the results ("Forum"), in a follow-up reply here. Good luck!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin. Empty Re: Unable to Start: Cannot because required game is missing or damaged. Please repair or install the game via Origin.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2020, 16:44

Ayo, it won’t let me post cause it’s too long help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Mar 2020, 16:59

itsacowboysworld wrote:Ayo, it won’t let me post cause it’s too long help.

I would have suggested that you just post the validator log in multiple posts, but don't bother. If the log is too long to fit into a single post, that's already a very bad sign. Purge everything you have about The Sims 4, and if you want to try using G4TW's repacks on here, familiarize yourself with the new format:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Good luck for now, and take your time!

P.S. even if you posted the validator log in multiple replies, I would have very likely suggested the same. danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top