Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY Empty HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 05:06

I just installed Sims 3 and the Ultimate Fix from your tutorial. Everythings works perfectly (Thanks guys!) except for one little problem. When I go into Map View in the game, everything is grey. I can see the icons but everything else, the stores and places on the map, are all grey and won't rez no matter how long I leave it. I updated my video drivers with Device Manager and it still won't work. I have Windows 8 Dev Preview 64 bit installed, The Sims 3 with the Ultimate Fix and ALL expansions and packs installed. (From Generations to Master Suite) My video drivers are Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) I installed everything correctly as well, followed every step in your tutorial. My Sims 3 Version is 11.0.84.014001. Thanks for your help ! Help I posted some screenshots for you to see how it looks.

Back to top Go down

HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY Empty Re: HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 05:41

Here try this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx if you pass i'm stumped! Sad !!!~!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 05:45

"OS
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft (build 8102), 64-bit"

This makes no sense ! I've seen other people run The Sims 3 flawlessly with my OS. I passed every other part of the test :/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 09:04

Hello,
Its not all about OS, you hardware plays a large role as well. And the drivers.
Did this start happening at a specific point, when you did something significant like, installed another expansionpack, used a patch, started using a mod? Or is this the first time you've started the game at all? Are you using mods?
I'm most concerned about your graphicscard, it is officially supported, but there have been some issues with it, specifically regarding the Pets expansion. Go to the manufacturers website to double check your graphics drivers.
Which in-game video quality settings are you using? Try lowering all of them and experiment with turning options on and off. Also lower your screen resolution.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 21:05

All my Graphic options are set at low, it won't let me set them any higher than that. I tried setting them higher and it won't stay like that after I restart the game. I was using the game fine until I installed the Ultimate Fix to add all the expansions. I had been using The Sims 3 Master Suite alone with no other expansions and it was working fine. After I installed every single expansion, it did this. I'm not using any mods at all, and I cannot tweak the Graphics settings on the game because nothing I do gets saved after restart. I lowered the screen resolution and it didn't work. My Graphics Card is fully supported according to Electronic Arts. Should I uninstall Pets ? Is that what's causing the problem ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 21:18

Hello,

Did you already try updating your graphic card to the latest version?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 21:49

Yes I have, I used Device Manager to update my graphics drivers. It turns out I had an update due, but now my drivers are up to date and it still won't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 22:00

Hello,

Don't update via Device Manager, but go to the manufacturer's website and download the update(s) manually!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 22:05

I tried that. When I started the setup for the Intel Graphics Driver, it said my system did not meet the system requirements. I don't know if that was because of my OS which is newer or something. I'm stuck :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 22:07

japanezedann wrote:I tried that. When I started the setup for the Intel Graphics Driver, it said my system did not meet the system requirements. I don't know if that was because of my OS which is newer or something. I'm stuck :/
Hello,

Did you download the good version. I mean 32-bit and/or 64-bit versions.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 22:15

Yes, I downloaded the 64-bit one. My computer is Windows 8 Dev Preview 64-bit so that would be the correct one in my knowledge. Other than that, I don't know what else I could have done wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 08:59

Hello,
I'm thinking out loud... but could it be that your OS is causing some conflicts? Since Win8 hasn't officially been released and all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:44

That's what I was thinking too, but the game was working before and I've seen some people get it up and running on Win8, which is why I was kind of skeptical about ti being an OS problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:52

Hello,

Same as Lady ElDi, I don't think this game works on all Windows 8 PC's, since it's just a Developers Preview, not a full Operating System.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:35

That still doesn't explain why the game was working perfectly fine before I added the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:46

Hello,
The fix doesn't consist of a bunch of mysterious altered files. Its simply a compilation of the original files you need to allow the patch to install and a crack to allow you to play the game. Most uploaders will advise you to copy the .exe you're about to overwrite with the crack to a safe location in case you need to update the game, G4TW doesn't ask that, but provides you with a much easier alternative since people forget to keep the original exe(s) or the files get lost.
Perhaps the latest patch has compatibility issues with your OS or something else you installed onto the game (like mods/cc) creates this issue.
Was your game up to date before? Did you start using any new mods or updated them to match your current game version?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:08

Hi there,

I know this discussion is a couple of months old, but I have exactly the same problem. My neighbourhood screen also flickers grey and all I can see are the icons, and none of my options changes save either.

I got Windows 8 and installed Sims 3, Ambitions and Pets, and loaded my previous games from my last computer.

I was wondering if anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

HELP WITH SIMS 3 MAP VIEW ALL GREY Empty Solution

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 18:11

I also had exactly the same problem when playing the game in Windows 8 64 bit.

Apparently I got a solution:
Right click at the "TS3W" icon (or the icon you usually click to play the game) and click at "Properties" -> "Compatiblity"
Then, mark the option "Run the program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 7" (Windows XP worked for me as well)
Just save the changes and its done!!
I still have other major problems in the game, but at least running the game in compatibility mode solved both problems: the map view is now normal and the game saves all the Options changes.
Hope it can be helpful!
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 11 Dec 2013, 19:56

Hello,

While it seems weird to run a game originally made and sculpted around Windows 7, one of the developers Tweeted over six months ago (maybe even longer), that The Sims 3 is compatible with Windows 8.  Is that to say there won't be little glitches or errors?  Who knows.  However, I am running every expansion and stuff pack on my Windows 8.1 laptop right now with no weird graphical issues and little to no bugs.

The first thing I think of that may be the issue:  Does everyone with this problem have the most up to date version of the Ultimate Fix.  Within the .pdf file found inside the UltimateFix.rar, the .pdf should be dated 31-10-2013.  If it is not, your Ultimate Fix is outdated and using an outdated version leads to a whole slew of weird issues.  I've seen someone's game refuse to boot up without crashing, while the next person's game actually worked but the lag was so bad within game that the individual couldn't play.  It wouldn't surprise me if the 'grey town' is another new-found error/glitch deal that happens when you're running the game on something so outdated.

The only other issue I can see aside from the Ultimate Fix, is that video drivers need to be updated on the PC in question.  Actual hardware-driver updates are very rare to come by and usually you DON'T want to update them, otherwise you risk your issues becoming bigger issues.  You're better off pulling up the information panel of your dedicated graphics card and updating through there, if there are any update available.  Other than that, you seriously want to ensure that you're actually running the game on a DEDICATED graphics card, like mentioned above.  If you're simply running on integrated graphics, The Sims 3 can seriously mess your PC/Laptop up.  And who knows what other errors or problems will occur!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 16:17

hello everyone,i have win8.1 and i installed the sims 3,i haved grey map but i fixed it,
1.Right click on thesims3.exe 
2.open properties
3.go in compability
4.run in compability mode and run as administrator

i hope that i help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top