Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!  Empty MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:03

Hi there, I already have sims 3 on disc and now im trying to get sims pets and generation.
I have installed them all, however I dont think im placing the crack files in the correct place..
I go into:
sims 3 folder> show package content > Contents > and then I place the 2 crack files in there with Frameworks, mac Os, Resource files and folderses.

I then open the launcher and press play and it says : Disc Authentication Failure.
"No game disc found! Please insert The sims 3 pets game disc before proceeding."

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!  Empty Re: MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:18

Hello,
Ok with this, I can help.
You're using the temporary fix, use the MAC fix instead, its the 2nd downloadlink.

Edit: Ah, you have a topic in the PC support section as well, I'll close that one.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!  Empty Re: MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:38

Thanks for helping, i just downloaded the 2nd fix for mac. And its the same problem. I place the two files in the sims 3 folder then open launcher see is any updates there aren't as i did it before. Then I put the crack 2 files and replace the other 2 in my sims 3 folder. Open the launch and it says the same thing about Disc authentication failure etc.

Sorry to be annoying:( so frustrating

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:49

Hello,
Are you sure its the crack you're copying? Many people mistake the original files for cracks, the only crack is located in the #crack folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:55

oh right.
Those are the crack files that im placing in my sims 3 folder. then im just opening the launcher and the error comes up.

TS3W.exe
TSLHost.dll

//EDIT

would you like me to print screen?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:20

Hello,
The original files look the same on the outside, but if its the files from the #crack folder, you're copying the right files.
You are copying them to Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/?
Which base game version does it show on the launcher?
Yes that would be nice
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:28

The launcher opens with pets now that ive installed generations and pets.

//EDIT

im just trying to send it my mac wont let me select the screen shots off my desktop. Could I possibly email them to you?

//EDIT

im not sure if it work

//EDIT

okay the image didnt upload

Mod edit: Please don't double post. Edit your message instead if you haven't received replies yet, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:37

Hello,
How about uploading it to imageshack or tinypic? We're very careful about handing out personal emailadresses, you can send it to games4theworld@hotmail.com if the above mentioned options don't work out for you, but only Admin has access to it so you'd have to wait for him to see it.
To find out your base game version, look at the image below.
MAC USER: Placing the crack files!!  V79l5e
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:45

oh yeap, no worries. i just tried posting the external link from tiny pic however it said new members are not allowed until 7 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:47

hope it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:47

Hello,
You can still post it if you replace the dots with spaces, and I'll fix the link for you Wink
Never mind.. looking at your picture now.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:48

and this is my sims folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:51

Hello,
I think this is not the right folder. The #Installation Guide states that they should go in Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ but from your screenshot it looks like you put it in contents.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:51

This is the launcher

//EDIT

Oh yeah I did... I dont where that folder is - The #Installation Guide states that they should go in Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/

//EDIT

so im not suppose to be putting into contents....

//EDIT

any luck?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:21

Hello,
Sorry about the delay, I was making lunch for my kids Smile
Lets see, I think if you opened that "resources" folder, that would take you further. I didn't get to see the launcher, but you can tell me what it says when you look for the base game version. Though I think your no disc error has to do with misplacing the crack.
Would you mind not double posting, but rather editing your last post if you didn't get replies yet? thank you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:26

haha thats fine:) Sorry didnt realise I could do that! New to this forum.
Okay so I placed them into the resources folder.
Here is an image.

Also what do you mean by base game edit.. how would i search for that?
Today I reinstalled sims 3 to see if it would create that folder Resources/contents/game/bin etc.
but it only gives contents and the uninstaller for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:32

Hello,
Ok from that folder, go to transgaming, and look for c_drive folder and open it. From there, find a folder called program files and open it. You should find an electronic arts folder there, so if you open that, you should find a The Sims 3 folder, which in turn has a game folder, open that too and find the bin folder. Copy the files from the crack there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:48

I figured it out from there! Thank you so very much!! You were so patient, considering how easy and useless I am haha!
Thanks again!!!

//EDIT

just one question: If i decide later to download other expansions what happens regarding the cracks?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:51

Hello,
You're welcome, we're here to help and I'm glad I could be of help. Don't forget to delete any crack files from places they shouldn't be.
You should be able to install any other expansions you like, just don't use any of their cracks. If your game starts asking for a disk again, just reapply the crack from the fix.
Please let us know the final result, and don't hesitate to post if you're having problems again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 13:52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top