Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW  how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded Empty NEW how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 03:04

Hi, :newfag: and I am computer illiterate. I have downloaded Sims 3 Town Life by utorrent. I double clicked on the icon
where it is in the file. But nothing happens. I have an Imac 64 bit. I have the base game already installed by CD.

Can someone please help? Help

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

NEW  how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded Empty Re: NEW how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 08:42

Hello,
Start by using winRAR to extract the file you downloaded. After it's extracted, look for the #Installation Guide. That guide had all the information you need, but if you need more help, just let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

NEW  how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded Empty Re: NEW how do I install Sims 3 town life after downloaded

Post by Admin Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:28

Hello,

You're on a Mac, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:30

Hi,

I had this problem with a few different expansion packs, so this is the solution I came up with. It used to be written in one of the older installation guides, I can't remember which one, but you need to use Stuffit Expander to unzip the .rar files, then in Disk Utility (found via Applications/Utilities on your Mac), go to file>new>disk image from folder and let it create there. THEN the installer should work when the disk image is mounted.

Happy Simming

Smile

Carrie

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top