Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff? Empty Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff?

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 04:37

I've got all the other expansion packs downloaded and I've uncracked them with the ultimate fix. When I open any of the three installers, it tells me that it "Could not verify the integrity of the installer." Did I do something wrong? How do I fix it?

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff? Empty Re: Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:40

Hello,
Which program did you use to extract the files? Note that you can only use winRAR or the files may get messed up.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff? Empty Re: Can't install Generations, Pets OR Town Life Stuff?

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:55

I used Stuffit Expander. I used it for the last few expansion packs I installed and there was no problem. I do remember having to make a disk image with the folder the last time... it's probably a good time to mention I'm using a mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:09

Hello,
Yes that's a good idea Smile, I'll move this topic to the mac section, hopefully someone there can help you out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 07:33

It's alright, I figured it out! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 03:40

How did you figure it out?
Having the same issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 03:11

I created a disk image with each folder and installed from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 06:01

Do I HAVE to install the other expansions? the #2 Install either The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff and/or The Sims 3: Generations and/or The Sims 3: Pets. *

does that mean I only have to install Sims 3 pets if that's all I want?
I have the original base game and only want pets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 06:11

I think you can just install Pets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 06:53

Thanks great, that worked! and yes bryan23, you can JUST install pets and it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 14:41

Used the Right version of stuffit but the imstaller doesn't work and says Could not verify the integrity of the installer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2011, 01:28

Open the program Disk Utility on your mac, then go File > New > Disk Image from Folder

Then navigate to your unzipped folder and let disk utility do its stuff. It might take a little while. Then open the .dmg file that disk utility just made from your folder and open the installer from there.

If that doesn't work I don't know what will Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top