Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 03:48

When i try to install the expansion packs for The Sims 3 on my mac, the installation windows will go through all of the steps in installing them, but when I open up the game launcher,  at the bottom of the window, it does not show all of the other expansions i've installed.  The icons stop after the expansion Town Life Stuff.  I don't know what I need to do.  I installed the ultimate fix and the 1.67 patch twice to no avail.  Please help me with what I need to do.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Thu 13 Mar 2014, 08:57

Hello,

I'm not quite sure if it is the problem with Town Life Stuff. The best way to solve this issue would be to reinstall everything, as I think you have some bad files in already. I have here the steps, so feel free to try them out Smile

HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 3 ON A MAC (simplified)

(Please click HERE for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a FULL and CLEAN uninstall before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.67]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with Stuffit Expander(Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix for Mac. (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view THIS GUIDE for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead HERE.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 won't let me install expansions after Town Life Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 02:01

Ok, I think I possibly see a problem.  When adding the files in, I didn't use Stuffit Expander for everything. I just assumed that it was the same functionality of just any old unzip program.

//EDIT

Okay. So, I have been trying so hard to get the Sims 3 installed, but I am a dummy and need step by step instructions, even that beyond the pdf guide available.  I am having a problem with my expansions, because I don't know about applying the crack in earlier versions such as ambitions.  I am not sure if the one in the Ultimate fix works or if I need to do something directly to the expansions folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 12 Apr 2014, 15:53

Hello!

So, please do not open a new topic if you still have an existing one Smile I've combined them for you in this case.

Actually, the pdf is pretty much as clear as we can get. In the pdf, we never mentioned anything about using cracks for individual expansions. So that means that you do not crack any of the expansions.

The only crack you need to use is the one that came with the Ultimate Fix. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Apr 2014, 22:45

I'm so sorry! And alright. I will get on that.  I have been trying really hard to figure it out.  And, so I do not have to follow any directions included in the Ultimate Fix Guide?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 13 Apr 2014, 03:08

That's right, just follow the ones in the mac install guide PDF. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Apr 2014, 18:36

Perfect! It all worked! And, I am sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks so much!
Solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:11

No worries! Enjoy your game! I'll close the topic Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top