Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Empty Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 21:42

I'm usually great at following instructions for these sorts of things, but I'm running into issues here with conflicting information and wordage. So I had to kind of sift for the newest information and/or that which had positive responses.

Here's all my info:

Running Mac OS X 10.7.3 on an Intel Macbook Pro from last year.

Downloaded the pre-cracked DMG of the base game, all expansions from GamesForTheWorld.

Here's what happened (I really hope I'm remembering all this correctly):

Unzipped files using WinRar (I saw posts saying to ONLY use WinRar, and others saying to ONLY use Stuffit. So I just picked one and went with it)
Created disc images using Toast.
Installed Base Game (pre-cracked/patched DMG, not GFTW)
Installed Generations
**Attempted install of World Adventures, got region code error
Went in to Default.ini file to change region code to end in 7
Successfully installed World Adventures
Installed High-End Loft Stuff
Installed Ambitions
Installed Fast Lane Stuff
Installed Late Night
Installed Outdoor Living Stuff
Installed Town Life Stuff
**Attempted to install Pets (Fixed), got an error saying the base game was not updatable.
**Attempted to install Master Suite stuff, got same error.
Patched all installed items using the Ultimate Fix
Went back to try Pets (Fixed) again, install worked this time
Installed Master Suite Stuff
Applied final patching step in Ultimate Fix to cover the new Pets and Master Suite installation
Opened Launcher, clicked on Game Updates and updated
Updated when prompted for store
Quit fully out of launcher
Applied final crack from Ultimate Fix (step 13)
Opened Launcher, launched game
**Got "it looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification" error. Do I want to quit? No.
**Got loading screen for Master Suite, green progress bar fully filled, game crashed with the "exception raised" error. Yes/no option, chose no (I'm used to this error with Spore, which was a purchased copy), game quit itself.
Quit fully, re-applied final crack from Ultimate Fix for good measure.
**Re-opened launcher, got "no game disc" error. Tried two more times, same error.
Went back and re-applied ALL cracks to applicable folders using the Ultimate Fix -- followed the Installation Guide PDF to a T
**Same errors in same order ("unofficial game modification," then "exception raised" crash") but NOT the "no game disc" this time.

And that brings us to now! I hope that's everything relevant, but please let me know if there's anything I've overlooked/left out.
Would LOVE to get it working, so any help would be much appreciated Smile

//EDIT

Here are screen shots of the two erros I'm still getting:

Upon launching, I get this:
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Screen11

After the loading screen finishes, the game crashes and I see this:
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Screen12

Last edited by kalecruncher on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 17:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Empty Re: Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:02

Hello,
That looks like an incompatible crack to me, so I suggest redownloading and reapplying the MAC version of the fix. And make sure your game version is 1.29.
Are you using mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Empty Re: Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:08

Lady ElDi, thanks for responding!

I will start the Ultimate Fix re-downloading (mac version, of course). Just wondering how that might help? I've downloaded all of these files within the past 48 hours, so I'd think they're all the newest. If I'm re-downloading the same files, how might that take it from incompatible to compatible?

The version number listed in my launcher is 11.0.84.015001, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

No mods, no cc. Just what was listed above, from scratch.

I have a windows partition on my machine, so I could try installing there if I can't find a solution!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:17

Hello,
I don't know how that works, just that sometimes it does Wink Its possible something went wrong when you downloaded the fix.
You didn't by any chance apply any other files/cracks after you completed the fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:20

I did go through the fix twice, once when I ran into the "base game is not updatable" error (at Pets/Master Suite) and then one additional time after all expansions were installed. Both times I went all the way through the installation guide, rather than starting with the newly installed expansions.

Of course, the third time when I was trying to re-cover all my bases.

No new anything since going through the Ultimate Fix from start to finish the last time.

Starting the newly downloaded Ultimate Fix now!

//EDIT

Just finished with the newly downloaded Ultimate Fix... no dice! Exactly the same results.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:39

Hello,
Please check back later for Admin to read and reply to this topic. He knows more about installing and playing on MAC than I do.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 22:40

^^ Will do! Thanks so much for trying to help, it's appreciated Smile

I found a few threads on other forums suggesting starting with a fresh "The Sims 3" folder in User/Documents/Electronic Arts, so I tried it. No change.

//EDIT

I decided to give it another go from scratch this morning. Uninstalled everything fully, and then installed only the packs I'm interested in: Base Game, High-End Loft, and Generations.

After installation of those three and patching via the Ultimate Fix, I get to step 11 of the Ultimate Fix which is to open the Launcher. When I do so, I get an "Unknown error occurred" popup, only option "OK" and full close-out when I click OK.

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Screen13

Tried skipping step 11 and 12 (closing the launcher) to step 13, copied the last patch files over. Same error.

//EDIT

Purposeful changes this time around:

- Re-downloaded Ambitions because I realized it wasn't the G4TW copy.
- I read the "Easy Method of Installing..." thread which suggested skipping all folders in Ultimate Fix the except for the #Crack folder, so that's what I did.
- I read elsewhere that some people with problems had the best luck when they installed the expansions in release order. So I tried to do that, but ran in to hitches immediately.

Not very scientific of me, changing more than one variable at a time... but I guess I'd rather attempt all 'fixes' at once and have to reverse if none work.

Step-by-step:

Copied pre-cracked Sims 3 file to Applications / Games / Sims in order to install
Changed region code to end in 7 (in Default.ini file)
Attempted install of World Adventures, got an error saying that the base game was not updatable and therefore incompatible.
Installed Late Night
Attempted install of World Adventures, got region code error again, changed region code, installed World Adventures
**World Adventures installer gets stuck at the final loading wheel/Summary screen. I force quit after about 10 minutes and cross my fingers that it was actually done.
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Screen14

Installed High-End Loft Stuff
Installed Ambitions
Installed Fast Lane Stuff
------Late night would come here, but I had to move it to the beginning to get World Adventures to install
Installed Outdoor Living Stuff
Installed Generations
--Paused to consider whether to stop and try now, as all I cared about was already installed.
Installed Town Life Stuff (noticed this time that the disc image contains a Town Life Stuff.dmg file. Interesting. None of the others did.)
Attempted install of Pets, got the "not updatable" error. This did not happen last time. Tried once more, same. Tabled Pets.
Attempted install of Master Suite Stuff, same "not updatable" error. Tabled Master Suite Stuff.
Tried to open Launcher, got "Unknown Error Occurred" popup
Copied-and-pasted files from #Crack folder ONLY (from Ultimate Fix) to Sims 3/..../Game/Bin folder.
Tried to open Launcher, got "Unknown Error Occurred" popup

Ugh. Results changed, obviously, but this is worse than last time. I'm not sure whether following the Ultimate Fix installation guide (applying ALL applicable cracks, as opposed to just the #crack folder ones) would do anything, since I started having problems before even getting to that point (at first attempted install of Pets).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Mar 2012, 19:56

Hello,
I've been considering this problem for a little while and there are 2 things that stand out.
You're mentioning a pre-cracked base game. What is it? Is it like, copy to this&that folder and play?
Another is your failure to update. This can be helpful there, if installed before starting the installation of expansionpacks, you wont be prompted to update again. You may be notified that what you're installing is a different version than what you have installed but that's no problem.

Note that all of the files in the fix aren't cracks, only the ones from the #crack folder. The other files are original files you need to update.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 20:13

Thank you for checking in again!

The pre-cracked game is linked to in a couple places here on G4TW, including the sticky thread Easy Method of installing Sims 3 Base Game+Expansions Mac Guide *NEW*
There is apparently no G4TW link for the base game for mac, according to the Sims 3 Mac .DMG file download links sticky thread, otherwise I would've used that.

Re: failure to update, I think I may have missed something somewhere! I updated according to the "Easy Method" thread, which says to open the launcher and run all updates after all expansions have been installed but BEFORE patching/cracking.

So my problem may be that I need to update BEFORE installing the expansions, instead of after? I haven't tried that, and if it's a possible solution I will go ahead and do so.

I'm not sure what you mean by "all of the files in the fix aren't cracks, only the ones from the #crack folder. The other files are original files you need to update." Just my own confusion!!

I'm thinking my next trial should be, as you suggested:
Install base game
Use manual update instructions listed here
Install expansions
Copy all Ultimate Fix files as instructed in its Installation Guide

Does that sound good? Or am I still missing/confusing something?

Thanks again for your help and patience!

P.S. Sorry for crowding with the other thread, I thought it was a separate enough thought that it would just get lost in my technical issues thread here.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Mar 2012, 20:33

Hello,
Ah ok as I mentioned before, I don't know a thing about MAC so if you got the link to the base game files here, they are good. G4TW doesn't have a base game compatible with MAC.
The fix... many people are confused about the fix and they assume that the files in the fix are all cracks so "base game" crack is in the "base game" folder and so on. This is not so, the base game and expansion folders have original files that are copied prior to running the patch to prevent compatibility issues.
I hope this last method works for you, it would on pc and I can think of no reason why it wouldn't work for you.
Don't forget to restart if you uninstall before reinstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 20:35

Thanks for the go-ahead! I always feel a bit better if someone else can check over my plan before I start, haha.

I see what you mean about the "Fix" files preventing compatibility issues as opposed to cracking. Makes total sense.

Here I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Mar 2012, 20:38

Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 22:10

Alright... I did as I said above:

Install base game
Use manual update instructions listed here
Install expansions
Copy all Ultimate Fix files as instructed in its Installation Guide

When I opened the launcher, I was prompted with a "new patch for your Sims 3 Store content" popup. I said "Later." Checked the Game Updates tab, "Your game is up to date."

Launched the game, and got two errors in succession:
"Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

OK"

-and then-

"Unhandled eception 0x80000003 at address
0x0058ae06.
Do you wish to debug it?

No Yes"

Said Yes mostly because I'm sure it doesn't matter, then the game fully quit out.

So I re-launched and accepted the store patch, same results. Restarted my computer, relaunched, same.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Mar 2012, 22:22

Hello,
How about the crack in step 13? The Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) error is usually caused by a misplaced crack.
Did you patch as you used the fix? Since the crack isn't compatible with the new patch that was only released a few days ago and it probably wont be until Showtime is released.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 22:27

I'd never say it's impossible, but I'm 99.99% sure that I put the crack files in the correct place.

By "did you patch as you used the fix?" ... I think so? All I did was what was on the list, installed the manual patch linked in the Mac Fixes subforum prior to installing expansions. After installing expansions, I did every step of the Ultimate Fix except for 11, which the manual patch supersedes. Then I attempted to launch.

It was only after the first failed launch that I let the Game Launcher install the store patch, thinking that may have been part of the problem.

Also:
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes Screen15

It seems to think I don't have World Adventures or High End Loft Stuff installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 22:36

My other cause for concern is the World Adventures installation freeze which I mentioned above... after finishing up it gets stuck loading the "Summary" page and I have to force-quit. I was considering not installing it on the next try, but if the errors I'm getting couldn't be related I guess there's no point.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Mar 2012, 23:51

Hello,
Looks like you didn't use the latest patch, which is good since there's no crack yet. The store patch is safe to use.
I'm puzzled by the WA and HELS not lighting up in the launcher, but would you mind posting a screenshot of the folder you copied files to during step 13?
I may not be able to look at it today since it's nearing midnight on my end and I plan to get some sleep real soon.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 21:18

Update Monday 3/5/12:

Attempted installation on my windows partition, got a bunch more error messages and no successful launch (even of the base game). Let me BF try installing on both partitions as he is a computer whiz, and I thought a second set of hands/eyes might resolve any possible human error issues.

I'm officially giving up, as it's been nearly a week of this stuff!

I may try in the future with files downloaded from a different source. Perhaps my machine dislikes G4TW.

Thanks for the help, Lady ElDi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 06:51

I'm sorry you couldn't get it figured out Sad If you do get it figured out can you come back and post ? I have installed all the expansion packs and applied the correct patches placed the correct cracks ect... but it just won't work Sad So I know how you feel by giving up or taking a break ! good luck !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 06:55

I will, I promise! Sorry to hear you're having problems as well, but I'm glad I'm not alone!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 21:40

So, this is interesting.

After a full uninstall, disk permissions repair and verification, disk repair and verification, and restart... I decided to take it one step at a time, to see where the problem is occurring.

I installed the pre-cracked version linked on this forum. Ran it to make sure it worked, it did. Applied the Ultimate Fix files for the base game only, as that was all that was installed, and got the "Unknown Error Occurred" error upon launch.

Which leads me to believe that the Ultimate Fix itself may be the root of the problem. The only possible solution would be to get cracks elsewhere, so I'll work on that and see where it takes me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 21:43

kalecruncher wrote:So, this is interesting.

After a full uninstall, disk permissions repair and verification, disk repair and verification, and restart... I decided to take it one step at a time, to see where the problem is occurring.

I installed the pre-cracked version linked on this forum. Applied the Ultimate Fix files for the base game only, as that was all that was installed, and got the "Unknown Error Occurred" error upon launch.

Which leads me to believe that the Ultimate Fix itself may be the root of the problem. The only possible solution would be to get cracks elsewhere, so I'll work on that and see where it takes me.
Hello,

The Mac version of the Fix is not ready for 1.31, if you might have noticed. It'll be updated tomorrow.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 21:49

Admin, thanks for the reply -- I've been wondering if you might check in here!

My game was not updated to 1.31. The pre-cracked version is 1.2.7.1 and I ran no updates before using the Ultimate Fix that's listed for that release number.

Good to know it will be released tomorrow. I have a question: does the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix hold different crack files, or are the instructions for placing them just different?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:06

kalecruncher wrote:Admin, thanks for the reply -- I've been wondering if you might check in here!

My game was not updated to 1.31. The pre-cracked version is 1.2.7.1 and I ran no updates before using the Ultimate Fix that's listed for that release number.

Good to know it will be released tomorrow. I have a question: does the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix hold different crack files, or are the instructions for placing them just different?
Hello,

The instructions are different.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:35

I thought as much.

I installed, updated to 1.31, and patched using the files from the PC version of the Ultimate Fix (of course, with the proper procedure for Mac). Same result upon launching: "Unknown Error Occurred" then full quit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top