Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes - Page 2 Empty Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 21:42

First topic message reminder :

I'm usually great at following instructions for these sorts of things, but I'm running into issues here with conflicting information and wordage. So I had to kind of sift for the newest information and/or that which had positive responses.

Here's all my info:

Running Mac OS X 10.7.3 on an Intel Macbook Pro from last year.

Downloaded the pre-cracked DMG of the base game, all expansions from GamesForTheWorld.

Here's what happened (I really hope I'm remembering all this correctly):

Unzipped files using WinRar (I saw posts saying to ONLY use WinRar, and others saying to ONLY use Stuffit. So I just picked one and went with it)
Created disc images using Toast.
Installed Base Game (pre-cracked/patched DMG, not GFTW)
Installed Generations
**Attempted install of World Adventures, got region code error
Went in to Default.ini file to change region code to end in 7
Successfully installed World Adventures
Installed High-End Loft Stuff
Installed Ambitions
Installed Fast Lane Stuff
Installed Late Night
Installed Outdoor Living Stuff
Installed Town Life Stuff
**Attempted to install Pets (Fixed), got an error saying the base game was not updatable.
**Attempted to install Master Suite stuff, got same error.
Patched all installed items using the Ultimate Fix
Went back to try Pets (Fixed) again, install worked this time
Installed Master Suite Stuff
Applied final patching step in Ultimate Fix to cover the new Pets and Master Suite installation
Opened Launcher, clicked on Game Updates and updated
Updated when prompted for store
Quit fully out of launcher
Applied final crack from Ultimate Fix (step 13)
Opened Launcher, launched game
**Got "it looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification" error. Do I want to quit? No.
**Got loading screen for Master Suite, green progress bar fully filled, game crashed with the "exception raised" error. Yes/no option, chose no (I'm used to this error with Spore, which was a purchased copy), game quit itself.
Quit fully, re-applied final crack from Ultimate Fix for good measure.
**Re-opened launcher, got "no game disc" error. Tried two more times, same error.
Went back and re-applied ALL cracks to applicable folders using the Ultimate Fix -- followed the Installation Guide PDF to a T
**Same errors in same order ("unofficial game modification," then "exception raised" crash") but NOT the "no game disc" this time.

And that brings us to now! I hope that's everything relevant, but please let me know if there's anything I've overlooked/left out.
Would LOVE to get it working, so any help would be much appreciated Smile

//EDIT

Here are screen shots of the two erros I'm still getting:

Upon launching, I get this:
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes - Page 2 Screen11

After the loading screen finishes, the game crashes and I see this:
Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes - Page 2 Screen12

Last edited by kalecruncher on Fri 02 Mar 2012, 17:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes - Page 2 Empty Re: Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:06

kalecruncher wrote:Admin, thanks for the reply -- I've been wondering if you might check in here!

My game was not updated to 1.31. The pre-cracked version is 1.2.7.1 and I ran no updates before using the Ultimate Fix that's listed for that release number.

Good to know it will be released tomorrow. I have a question: does the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix hold different crack files, or are the instructions for placing them just different?
Hello,

The instructions are different.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes - Page 2 Empty Re: Host of error messages after installing ALL expansions and fixes

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:35

I thought as much.

I installed, updated to 1.31, and patched using the files from the PC version of the Ultimate Fix (of course, with the proper procedure for Mac). Same result upon launching: "Unknown Error Occurred" then full quit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:38

Hello,

To be honest, I don't know much about Mac's, so I'm clueless at this point.
I'm sure a Mac helper would be able to help you out.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 00:41

Admin wrote:
kalecruncher wrote:Admin, thanks for the reply -- I've been wondering if you might check in here!

My game was not updated to 1.31. The pre-cracked version is 1.2.7.1 and I ran no updates before using the Ultimate Fix that's listed for that release number.

Good to know it will be released tomorrow. I have a question: does the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix hold different crack files, or are the instructions for placing them just different?
Hello,

The instructions are different.

But the instructions that came with the Mac fix are correct right ? I have been doing it to a T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:07

this is some confusing bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 17:49

Probably won't help, but make sure you open the Sims 3 base application, and not any of the expansion links. I had an error when I tried that, then I went back to the base game and it fired everything up, no problem.

G/L!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 21:08

I did try that, actually tried launching from all the expansions as well as the base game. Same results.

//EDIT

Just wanted to update to say that I tried another fresh installation
with the newly posted 1.32 update and Ultimate Fix. Same results:
"Unknown Error Occurred"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 05:00

hemmymomma wrote:I'm sorry you couldn't get it figured out Sad If you do get it figured out can you come back and post ? I have installed all the expansion packs and applied the correct patches placed the correct cracks ect... but it just won't work Sad So I know how you feel by giving up or taking a break ! good luck !
Hemmy, this didn't help me but it may help you:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=458415

(posted Fri Mar 16 2012)

EDIT Sat Mar 17 2012: I spoke too soon! I followed the linked instructions re: Go > ALT > Library > Preferences and attempted launch of the game. Still got the dreaded and mysterious unknown error. So I uninstalled everything, manually removed all files from the hidden Library pane, manually removed all files from the User > Documents folder as usual, and restarted my computer.

So far I've installed the base game (drag and drop) and one expansion, High-End Loft, successfully. I'm going in release order but skipped World Adventures (because I've played it before and don't need it, and because of the region code issue). Ran launcher, allowed updates to run. HEL launched beautifully, but I only tested through creating a household. Installing Ambitions as I type this.

Lady Eldi, you suggested that installing and cracking the expansions one by one would be a waste of time, but this is why: toubleshooting! If I install everything from scratch in one big swoop, I get to the end and have problems... with no way of knowing why or when they originated. This way, I can isolate issues as they arise, and hopefully actually help others -- rather than just blindly trying a bunch of stuff and if I'm lucky, get my game working. It wouldn't help anyone else though, and at best waste a bunch of their time by unwittingly making them do a bunch of useless/meaningless stuff.

EDIT AGAIN: Ambitions installed followed by patch and re-crack from Ultimate Fix, now I'm getting the "unknown error."
So my next move, if i felt motivated, would be to try wiping the usual files after a full uninstall, re-install base game and HEL, then skip Ambitions and try Fast Lane.

EDIT AGAIN: Same results with uninstall, clean sweep, restart, reinstall base, install HEL, install Fast Lane, patch, crack, update: "unknown error occurred."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top