Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 23:13

Hello!

I have been playing the sims for years and I have never had any issues until I downloaded the games [no disk] for Origin about a year ago. Origin would barely work on my computer but finally, after many trys, it has began working. I decided to begin playing again and I installed my sims 3 game [with a disk] Installation went fine however when the launcher opened, it said it could not connect to EA games for an update. After some research, I found that I could download the patches, which I did. Meanwhile, my 3 expansion packs were redownloading on Origin. I wanted to make sure the patch worked, so I launched my sims 3 game [no expansions were installed yet] It worked great, the patches were downloaded correctly. Shortly after, my games were loaded and all three installed. When I tried to launch my game after that, it would not open. I have tried multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything according to the thread you guys have and I cannot get it to work. It DOES work without expansions so I don't understand what I have done wrong. Basically, when I press the play button, the launcher closes and my mouse changes to what it does when somethings loading. It does that for about five seconds then it just does nothing. I have tried the fixes as well as read nearly every thread on here that has a similiar problem and nothing seems to help. I currently have the expansions downloading again and I was going to try once more. Any suggestions or any threads you know of that may be able to help me? Also, I need the dumbed down version haha. I'm okay with computers but not good with codes and ect.

Thank you in advanced!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED]

Post by Layloria Sun 15 Apr 2012, 00:27

Possibly the expansions packs need to be updated too. But, wait for Admin/Lady Eldi or Moderator can assist you further. I think Origin is having bug issues.
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 06:41

I hope that's what it is! I have always had issues with Origin. I wish I would have never downloaded games from them! Mehhh. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:40

Hello,

How about starting your game without the launcher? It is done like this.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:09

Ugh. When I open the "Sims 3" folder, I don't see any folders that are titled "game" I opened every folder available and there were a couple things under "bin" but when I try to double click on it, it says that, "windows cannot open this file" Also, when I was trying to follow all of the steps to download the sims 3 game completely, there was a step to download some kind of code or something and when I did that, it loaded on word pad [took about 20 minutes to load] and when it finally was able to open, it was just a bunch of weird symbols. I also tried opening that with something else but it did the same thing on everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:12

Hello,

I think, in your case, you'll have to look for the TS3W.exe in C:\Program Files\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
What kind of code are you referring to? Can you give a link?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:17

Okay I just tried to look for the Origin folder and I apparently do not have one. The only thing that comes up for Origin is what I click for it to open and then under it, it has a something uninstall it with. Also, this is the link I'm referring to; https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems When I download the "fix" it saves just fine but it opens with word pad and it's just a bunch of symbols.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:56

Hello,

Did you use winRAR to extract it?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:09

I have no idea what that means, I'm not too good with computer stuff haha. I'm trying though!
I did however find the Ts3 file or whatever and when I click on it, nothing happens. It tells me to choose what program to open it with but no matter which I choose, it still wont open.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:11

Hello,

Perhaps you can ask Admin to have a look with Teamviewer. We're in the chatbox now.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:13

Okay, where exactly do I go for that? Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:17

VampVictoria wrote:Okay, where exactly do I go for that? Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it!
Hello,

On the homepage at the top, you'll see the chatbox.
Just press "Login" next to it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sun 15 Apr 2012, 14:36

I think I know what the issue is with the codes. Are you Trying to open the Installation Guide?
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Apr 2012, 14:54

Hello,

Problem solved via TeamViewer!
Happy simming and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Sims 3 will not launch with downloaded expansions. I have tried all the fixes! Helppp! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male