Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC? Empty How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC?

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 16:20

Hello,

I downloaded the torrent, extracted the rar file and I can see the installer.app in the folder. However when I double click in the file nothing happens. What am I missing?

I have seen the post with the recent ultimate guide for installation for Sims 3... but the guide only says to install Master Suite or one of the others. Nothing on how to accomplish the step... and the installation guides that come with each expansion are for PC only.

Any MAC users with tips?

Elizabeth

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC? Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC?

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 18:37

Hello,

What did you use to extract the .rar file?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC? Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 Master Suite on a MAC?

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 20:12

Thanks for the tip. I expanded with the default RAR expander. I now tried Stuffit expander and the installer launches but I get the following error: Could not verify the integrity of the installer. So I still can't install. Same error for Generations, Pets and Town Life Stuff.

Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 20:51

Hello,

What about the other expansions? Or you only have these ones?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 22:01

I think I got it... at least this step (I'll see what happens with the rest of the installation). I found in the old MAC installation guide I had saved since last year that I need to use Stuffit Expander and then use the Disk Utility to create the .dmg file. Only then the resulting installer.app will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 05:38

How do you do this, dafnedr? Because I always have to download someone else's upload.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 09:30

Hi!

So, I downloaded the torrent from the downloads page of G4TW. You get a .rar file. If you just open it on a Mac with the default RAR Expander it seems it doesn't work. So use Stuffit Expander instead (free app, look it up in Google). After decompressing the .rar file with Stuffit you get a folder with a lot of files (including som .exe files and an .app file). You can't use this to install. Instead go to your Applications folder, open Utilities and click on Disk Utility. Inside this application go to menu File->New->Disk Image From Folder. Choose the folder you got from decompressing the .rar file. This will take a while and you will get a .dmg file. This one you can double click to mount it, open the mounted disk and use that installer. That should work.

I haven't had the time to continue installing the game... so no more advice from me at this point :-).

Elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 16:36

Hmm. Interesting. Good job finding that.

However, after launching the installer successfully and choosing where to install it, it pops up with, "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Showtime."

Yes, I'm trying to install Showtime. Wink

If you get your expansion to work, let me know how.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top