Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 07:03

Hello,

So, I just got Sims 3 Generations, also I have Pets. When i launch TSW.exe from Bin then, black screen pops up, and then closes and gives error what says : unalbe to start game, service initialization failed (0x024e424f). Then I downloaded Ultimate Fix, it didn't give me that error anymore, instead it, it gave me crash, when I was in build mode. I reinstalled game, it didn't help. And now, still that error : unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x024e424f). My laptop meets all minimum, and pretty much oveer minimum, so that I guess, can't be the problem. I don't have any CC or mods. I have tried moving The Sims 3 folder( in my documents), didn't help too. Before I got Generations, game worked like a charm..

Help, if you can ! Smile

Thanks.

I applied Ultimate Fix again, and I played in live mode, I didn't go to buy or build mode. I needed to go to buy or build mode, and as soon I picked up bed, put it on the floor, game crashed, I couldn't do anything. And in error, there says that ModName: msvrc80.dll(I don't know if it was named this, don't remember)

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : needed)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:56

Hello,
It looks like an incompatible crack. Did you happen to update to 1.31? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3702-attention-the-sims-3-fans-read-please-important-do-not-update-to-v131
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:09

No, I haven't updated to 1.31.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:22

He's having the same problem i've been having. At first I thought it was MS expansion, so I uninstalled it. But i'm still having that problem. Can do CaS and live mode just fine, I just can't build or buy anything. The crack is installed correctly, I know that for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:26

Hello,
If you have Master Suite stuff, did you apply its crack at any point? And can you show a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to? Preferably a detailed view with file types and such.

@rnkgamekiller: please open a new topic, that will make it easier for us to provide personalized support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:40

rnkgamekiller wrote:He's having the same problem i've been having. At first I thought it was MS expansion, so I uninstalled it. But i'm still having that problem. Can do CaS and live mode just fine, I just can't build or buy anything. The crack is installed correctly, I know that for sure.

Im she by the way Smile and yes, live mode is fine, and when starting to put down bed or something, game freezes.

//EDIT

I don't have Master Suite stuff. At first I tought it was about
Generations, so now I uninstalled it, still problem. Now is the problem
about the unofficial modes or something.. I have no mods or CC, I have
no idea. Now I uninstalled all expansions, now I have just installed
base game, I'll go see if it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:51

Hello,
Try this video to guide you when you apply the fix, but don't use the launcher to update because it'll update to 1.31 and there's no crack for that yet, use this manual patch instead.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:54

Uh, I'm gonna reinstall, update Sims 3 until update 1.31, and then install expansions. I'll let you know here.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:12

Hello,
Don't update to 1.31, use the manual patch to update to 1.29 instead. It wont work if you use the 1.31, since there's no crack yet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:36

Okay. I'll try.

//EDIT

Oh god.
I'm downloading 1.24.3.0120 update, but I made clear
reinstall. First base game, then High-Loft Stuff, and then Generations. I
tried to play before installing Generations. Then WORKED!! After
getting Generations, NOT WORKING!! It gave me error unable to start game
service initialization failed (0x039e8474).. IM CLUELESS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Mar 2012, 21:19

Hello,

Did you download and apply the v1.29 manual patch, as Lady ElDi suggested?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 07:29

I'll download it now. If I would download Ultimate Fix now, and apply this, it won't work, right? Because there is *NOT WORKING*, and this unofficial error, is more like the old crack problem?

//EDIT

Only freaking problem right now is the unable to start game 0x039e8474..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Mar 2012, 08:47

Hello,
The "not working" comment means that the fix wont work for the latest patch level, but it's still good for 1.29.
The error you'e getting suggests something went wrong when you installed either a patch or an expansion. Did you restart your pc when you did the reinstall, between uninstalling and reinstalling?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 08:49

Anyone know how soon the fix will be up once Showtime is released tomorrow (since its now monday here) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:42

YAY! I solved the problem!!!! I don't really know how, I just installed Pets. I didn't apply Ultimate Fix, and i'm scared to apply, maybe i'm gonna screw up the game again, i'm not gonna reinstall. Now I have Sims 3, Pets, Generations and High Loft stuff. I played 2,5 hours, no crash, or freeze.
IM SO HAPPY!
Is g4tw gonna upload Showtime too? Waiting forward to it Razz

Thanks for your help all!

Maria.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:32

Hello,
Yes G4TW does plan a Showtime release. You can expect it in the next couple of days, since the official EA release is tomorrow.
Happy to hear you solved the problem, don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top