Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Issues.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Issues.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Issues.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 01:45

Hello everyone!

I have installed the following games Sims 3/High End Loft/Ambitions/Outdoor Living/Town Life/Pets/Master Suite/Showtime. The installation went fine, and i followed the guide 'how to install sims 3 correctly' word for word. Then applied the current fix that was updated on 3-11. Here is a list of my current problems:

1. Sims 3 Launcher does not work.
2. Sims 3 starts just fine on first launch but then crashes once options are changed.
3. When Sims 3 is relaunched, when trying to load a town, i get an error that the selected .world could not be found. (the only thing ive tried is to delete the Electronics Arts folder and relaunch)

I do not have any CC/Mods on my sims 3. When i tried adding some .package files, i got the .world missing error.

I have downloaded all my current EP and SP packs from here, and applied the fix according to the .pdf included with it.

Please help!

EDIT: I have tried the 1.32 manual patch and it gives me the 'invalid' error.
I have updated my game to 1.32 via manual patch and reapplied the crack in the ultimate fix. I am currently testing problems 2 & 3.
Sims 3 Launcher still does not work.
All problems are still there. Game starts fine on first start, after deleting the Electronic Arts folder. Then once options are changed, i.e resolution, upon restart of the game, when trying to load a world i still recieve the '.world file is missing' error.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Issues.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Issues.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 08:09

Hello,

Is there anything out of the ordinary that you may have done, anything that was not specified in the instructions for installation or the one's for patching?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 02:42

No, I did everything specified in the guide on how to install the sims correctly, and followed the manual patching guide accordingly.

I did the same process a few months ago before I had to wipe my computer. I had up to Master Suite then, and everything worked fine.
The Launcher took a while to come up, but it still worked.

I just uninstalled everything, restarted my computer, ran ccleaner to remove registry keys left behind, restarted again, then reinstalled.

It's still the same result for some reason. I also scanned my computer for any malware or viruses that may have corrupted anything. But nothing came up.

Edit: After many hours of searching google, I came across a page that states load errors like the one im receiving is due to a corrupted file. But the load error only occurs once the my game is restarted, reading from the EA folder created. If they are corrupted, how would i go about fixing and/or replacing my data?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 08:24

Hello,

Did you, at some point, do compatibility mode? Even if this was before your current install of the game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 08:48

No, I didnt do compatibility mode. I think it's currently set on Win 98 under my compatibility. And I haven't messed with it during or after my installation.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 09:01

Hello,

You may want to try to undo it though.
What you're describing, that the game starts fine the first time, but the next time it won't load your save game/world, reminds me of a problem I had after doing win95 compatibility mode a few weeks ago which was fixed like this.
The problem persisted even after I reinstalled the game, which is why I asked you this question.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 09:03

I'll go ahead and do what your post describes to do. I will post back with an update.

EDIT: After deleting everything that your post described (and there were alot of things to delete in there), my Launcher seems to work now, it just takes a minute to show up. I modified some options, and made a save game to test the loading error, and everything seems to be loading fine now.

Thank you so much Lady ElDi for your help. I'll let the forum know if there are any further problems.

Much love for all of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:12

Hello,

Good to hear it's working Smile
You can always use the TS3W.exe in the base game bin to bypass the launcher, I always do that.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)