Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED] Empty Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 00:27

Hello. I really tried not to post on this because 1. I'm not the best at explaining things, and 2. I really didn't want to bother anyone because I know it has to get tiring reading the same problems over and over. But I have searched and searched for the solution .. found posts similar to mine but it seems I've tried everything and still no luck.

I have all EP's up until Pets (all which I've purchased). Before finding this website and learning about the ultimate fix, I downloaded lunar lakes (supposedly decrapified) but kept getting the "unofficial game modification" error whenever I tried to install it. I updated my game via launcher to 1.32. And still didn't work, So, I searched around and found this website. I had already updated my game to 1.32, before applying the ultimate fix so I didn't know if that was the problem or if I needed to manually install the one posted here. So I downloaded the 1.32 patch hoping that would work but every time I try to install the patch I get an invalid file error. I went to regedit and changed SKU to 2, but still no luck manually patching. So I went ahead and did the ultimate fix anyway. And re-downloaded Lunar Lakes from this website, still couldn't install it. I then decided to download Showtime + crack, hoping that would somehow allow me to install Lunar Lakes afterwards. Showtime works fine but I still can't install any sims3packs - like Lunar Lakes, Katy Perry set, etc without getting the "unofficial game modification" error. I don't use any mods like awesomemod or Master Controller, etc. and I pretty much disabled all default replacements and hacks in CC Magic just in case. The only things enabled are CC like buy objects, clothes, hair, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED]

Post by grieralexander Thu 15 Mar 2012, 02:08

spiritsighs wrote:Hello. I really tried not to post on this because 1. I'm not the best at explaining things, and 2. I really didn't want to bother anyone because I know it has to get tiring reading the same problems over and over. But I have searched and searched for the solution .. found posts similar to mine but it seems I've tried everything and still no luck. Let's see if we can find a solution to your problem.

I have all EP's up until Pets (all which I've purchased). Before finding this website and learning about the ultimate fix, I downloaded lunar lakes (supposedly decrapified) but kept getting the "unofficial game modification" error whenever I tried to install it. So, I take it that you did not download the world from our site? I am wrong I updated my game via launcher to 1.32. And still didn't work, So, I searched around and found this website. I had already updated my game to 1.32, before applying the ultimate fix so I didn't know if that was the problem or if I needed to manually install the one posted here. So I downloaded the 1.32 patch hoping that would work but every time I try to install the patch I get an invalid file error. I went to regedit and changed SKU to 2, but still no luck manually patching. So I went ahead and did the ultimate fix anyway. And re-downloaded Lunar Lakes from this website, still couldn't install it. I then decided to download Showtime + crack, hoping that would somehow allow me to install Lunar Lakes afterwards. Showtime works fine but I still can't install any sims3packs - like Lunar Lakes, Katy Perry set, etc without getting the "unofficial game modification" error. I don't use any mods like awesomemod or Master Controller, etc. and I pretty much disabled all default replacements and hacks in CC Magic just in case. The only things enabled are CC like buy objects, clothes, hair, etc. Ok, Follow the instructions on this page, do not skip any.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v132-fix-manual-patch-updated.

Any help would be appreciated.
Usually, Unofficial GAme Modification, comes from an outdated mod: may it be script, overrride, sliders, do a thorough check and see if any of these were overlooked. Clothes, Hair makeup, usually do not cause this problem. Try the link I gave you follow the wole thred, since there are solutions to problems encauntered. Then, apply the ultimate fix and try reinstalling. One last thing. Have you tried installing through the EA LAuncher also? If not, give it a try and make sure that all you CC that you want to install is from us here. I have most of it installed myself and has not given me any problems. I have even substituted store bough items with the ones found in our Media Fire downloads, they are less problematic. Please let us know if your problem gets solved.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime working but can't install Lunar Lakes.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 06:05

The first time I downloaded the world Lunar Lakes from a different location .. through a search, I found a torrent file. But after finding this site I replaced it with the one in your Media Fire downloads just in case that was the problem. But it still wouldn't install. You asked if I tried installing through the EA Launcher. Are you
referring to Lunar Lakes? If so, yes. I always use the launcher to
install any worlds, neighborhoods, lots and most patterns. Because when I
used CC Magic to install those it messed the game up for me.

When you say I should install CC from your Media Fire downloads are you talking about Store Content? I had a lot of the older store content in combined packages (downloaded from other sites) and now they aren't showing up so I removed those as well.

I didn't download the 1.31 patch because my internet connection is so slow - I think it will take three hours or so.. but I considered that it might be the problem since I did skip that step. I'm going to download it over night and try each step of the link you provided. And I'll also double check my CC to see if I overlooked any scripts or overrides. Although I did remove my sliders already (that's how I got showtime to work because in the beginning, it wouldn't). I'll let you know how that goes when I am finished.

Thanks a lot for your help Smile This has been driving me crazy trying to figure it out by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:38

Hello,

Use the manual patch indeed and please let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 04:41

Okay .. The download of patch 1.31 has finally finished. When I tried to install it says "The setup has detected that version 1.32.003 of The Sims 3 is already installed. You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version".

How do I uninstall 1.32 patch?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:25

Hello,

Unfortunately, you can't. Not without uninstalling your entire game.
Did you apply the crack from the fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 00:35

Okay ... wow. I think it finally worked! It just said Lunar Lakes was installed with the Launcher.
Before installing Showtime - the crack / fix wouldn't work for me. Then when I installed Showtime, I applied the crack that came with that download & it wouldn't work for me. But after you asked if I applied the crack from fix, I re-applied that one again .. and it said it was installed.
The only problem now, is a few seconds after installing it said the Launcher needs to close. But that may not be much of a problem since I use CC Magic to play The game anyway. I'm going to test the game to see if they were installed successfully. And will let you know. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 17 Mar 2012, 00:43

spiritsighs wrote:Okay ... wow. I think it finally worked! It just said Lunar Lakes was installed with the Launcher.
Before installing Showtime - the crack / fix wouldn't work for me. Then when I installed Showtime, I applied the crack that came with that download & it wouldn't work for me. But after you asked if I applied the crack from fix, I re-applied that one again .. and it said it was installed.
The only problem now, is a few seconds after installing it said the Launcher needs to close. But that may not be much of a problem since I use CC Magic to play The game anyway. I'm going to test the game to see if they were installed successfully. And will let you know. Smile

Hello,
That is an improvement; however your launcher should not be giving you any problems. There is a new patch and fix out. Apply the new patch and fix to see if it resolves your problem.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:50

I was able to play Lunar Lakes, but a lot of things were buggy. The bed animation (EA bed not CC) was messed up, non of my skins were showing up in CAS, everyone showed up black (except for my pre-made sims) and I wasn't able to edit animals coats in advanced mode.
But I'll try the updated patch & fix to see if it helps any of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 03:39

I am having the same problem with all the worlds but riverview and I downloaded EVERYTHING from yall except Base game and ambitions.I have tried everything even complete uninstall. I'm at a loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:42

Hello,

Looks like a superpatch issue, look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 17:31

So basically this means 1.32 patch messed up the game & I have to back up, uninstall The Sims 3 base game (only?) and reinstall. Then manually update to patch 1.29, 1.31, Skip 1.32, and update to 1.33? I'm asking because I want to make sure I do this right. And from what I read on Mod the Sims, that's what I'm understanding.

Will it be okay for me to uninstall/reinstall The Sims 3 base game only? or do I have to uninstall/reinstall all the EPs too?? *headache*

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:26

spiritsighs wrote:So basically this means 1.32 patch messed up the game & I have to back up, uninstall The Sims 3 base game (only?) and reinstall. Then manually update to patch 1.29, 1.31, Skip 1.32, and update to 1.33? I'm asking because I want to make sure I do this right. And from what I read on Mod the Sims, that's what I'm understanding.

Will it be okay for me to uninstall/reinstall The Sims 3 base game only? or do I have to uninstall/reinstall all the EPs too?? *headache*

It si OK to uninstall just the base game, follow the instructions on how to only unistall the base game at the Sims 3 wiki; no need to do the EPs. Remember to backup your electronic Arts documents folder with all your saves!
After you reinstall the base game do the Super Patcher up to 1.29, manually. It will add the sets and collection folder that patch 1.32 messed up. Ok, now add patch 1.31 incremental from 1.29 according to your region code. The game will still be good at this stage, since 1.31 will add Shottime folder without messing the rest! Important, skip 1.32 incremental or Super and apply the 1.33 Super patcher. Is still doesn't add folders but it does'nt delete the either. After you are done updating apply the latest ultimate fix and you should be done and good.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 07:03

Okay I'm really confused about the patches being incremental or super. The other night I downloaded 1.31 but I don't know if it was incremental or super. I've been searching, trying to find the incremental 1.31 patch to make sure I have the right one, but at Mod the Sims Wiki it says:

Incremental patches
[from 1.31] patch is buggy, links not published on purpose (by ella)
[from 1.29] patch is buggy, links not published on purpose (by ella)
And I really don't understand region codes. I've read about it but It's just not sinking in Sad

At this point I don't know if I should just go ahead and install the 1.31 patch that I've already downloaded (after all of the other steps of uninstalling/installing .. updating to 1.29 of course).. or what to do.

//EDIT

Okay - I understand region codes now - I was making it more complicated than it was. (duh) Sorry about that... And I also found a download for the incremental patch sims3_131118015001_from_12955014001. So I'm going to try these steps and will let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 13:09

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 18:10

I uninstalled Sims 3, Reinstalled,
restored my back up CC, saves, etc..
Manually updated with TS3_1.29.55.0140xx_update (super patch),
Manually updated with Sims3_1.31.118.015001_from_1.29.55.014001 (incremental patch),
then manually updated with TS3_1.33.2.0150xx_update (super patch).
Then applied the fix.

Played Lunar Lakes, went into CAS - when I randomize Sims the skins do not show up black like they did before. BUT I still can not change the skin - it will not load any of my custom skins, or any skins at all. I can't change Genders. I can't adjust skintone, weight, muscle tone, etc When I try to adjust those sliders nothing changes. I dont know if there are other bugs or not. Because once I seen CAS was still not working properly I logged out so I could let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 20:26

Hello,

Are all your custom skins, sliders and other mods up to date? Have you tried if it works without mods?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 00:12

I finally got it working Smile There were two problems.

1. I needed to update using the incremental Sims3_1.33 from_1.31 patch instead of the super patcher 1.33.
I had to download that one and start the process over again. After I was able to change Gender, change skins, etc.. But I noticed a lot of my non default skintones still weren't showing up.

2. There were some skin mods (anach) I had forgotten about. After I got rid of that, all of my non default skins showed up. And now everything seems to be running smooth.

Thank you all for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 20 Mar 2012, 02:28

You are welcome, I am glad that the problem was Solved. Visit us again if you have any other doubts or questions.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Mar 2012, 09:34

Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top