Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] Empty CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 06:29

All right, so first I downloaded all the games from g4tw and installed them, all subsequent "game needs updating" went fine. I then copy and pasted all the ultimate fix files over to the correct directories and attempted the automatic update and got the invalid file error. No worries, I can just use the manual patch. I followed the instructions exactly. I downloaded the patch and installed it, however halfway through I get this error CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] Eqpbix
If I click retry the same thing happens, so I just clicked ignore and the patch apparently installs itself fine.

So then I changed the SKU value from 7 to 2 in regedit, as per the instructions and I still had the invalid file error. I attempted this again, I even started with copy and pasting all the ultimate fix files again in case I accidentally dropped one of them in the wrong directory or something but I still get the same CRC error. This is a clean install so I have no mods, just all the Sims 3 games available from g4tw, as I mentioned earlier. I tried searching CRC error but I just found a bunch of posts about the invalid file error, so yeah.. any help is much appreciated.

Also I quite like this emoticon;
CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] Empty Re: CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Mar 2012, 09:35

Hello,

Try redownloading the patch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] Empty Re: CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:15

Well redownloading the patch actually worked, I never figured it would have been something as simple as a corrupt download. Now I can successfully patch to 1.31. I'm still getting the invalid file error patching to 1.32 though. I redownloaded both patches and followed the instructions. I'm probably being an idiot and missing out something. I can say that when the grey updating box opens up it gets to 89% before I get an error, although it's too fast to screen shot accurately. Hopefully that's some help.

Okay, after writing all that I decided to fraps so I could take a screenshot of when I get the error (which used to be at DeltaBuild0.package) and it's now at TS3.exe
CRC Error when installing manual patch 1.31.[SOLVED] 2md79k

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:30

While doing the manual patch found HERE did you reinstall 1.31 before going to the next steps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:41

Yep. My problem was that I couldn't install 1.31 in the first place, fixed that by downloading it again. So obviously I installed 1.31 first. Changed SKU from 2 to 1 then back to 2 following the instructions of other people that said the value was already set to 2 and finally I attempted to install 1.32.

Edit: I guess I'll try reinstalling everything. If I don't post again then problem solved. I might pop back to say I solved it but I'm pretty tired and gonna go to bed right after I reinstall all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:43

Hello,

I just wanted to tell you that I could solve that error for you via TeamViewer via the Forum's chatbox, but I see you've decided to reinstall.
Please do so and let us know the result!

Ps. Don't forget to restart your PC after uninstallation and prior to reinstallation!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 22:57

Well, reinstalling fixed it. Thanks for the offer though. Now I just have to wait for 1.33 I guess. Haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:04

Hello,

Good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top