Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED] Empty Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 03:47

Hello, I installed all of the expansions and ran the ultimate fix word for word, and everything seems fine until you create a world/neighborhood. It's entirely blue and untextured.

I did not see a thread on this, has it occurred on anyone else's installs?

Back to top Go down

Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Mar 2012, 09:32

Hello,

Are your graphicsdrivers up to date?
Are you using any mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Complete Sims Install with 1.33 and ultimate fix: Getting Blue untextured worlds.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 15:48

Yes, graphics are up to date but I did install some of the store downloads from games4theworld's mediafire account. I went ahead and uninstalled everything last night, going to try again now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:50

Hello,

Good, we'll be waiting for the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:44

I should of probably thought of this sooner, but overlooked it because everything else had been running smoothly so far: I had Windows 8 consumer preview installed.

Also upon more in-depth examination (I installed it on my other PC as well, with a different video card) I realized it wasn't a texture problem, but a fog-atmosphere problem. I'm assuming it's due to the newer DirectX in Windows 8. After world adventures is added, the fog in town view is rendered so thick that it appears that everything but a few poly's are solid light-blue. Good news is you can downgrade to Windows 7 without reformatting and this resolved my problem right away.

Just an FYI courtesy of my obliviousness, in case you hear of it from another user.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:15

Hello,

Good to hear your problem got fixed.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top