Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 1 Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 1 Collection Empty The Sims 1 Collection

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 07:34

I d/l'd the Sims 1 Collection. I use Windows 7. I've tried everything I can possibly imagine to get this to work. I followed all installation and everything was fine then I went to run the game (Yay!) and it flashed a black screen for ~5 seconds and went back to the desktop without any error notice. I've read through this forum several times and everything the admin have suggest hasn't worked. I tried the "windowed" option, I tried every compatibility mode, and running as an admin. This is so frustrating, I was really looking forward to playing this game. Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 1 Collection Empty Re: The Sims 1 Collection

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 13:13

Hello,

Please check back later for Admin's reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Mar 2012, 15:57

Hello,

Try this:

1. Go to your "Start" menu and then find the "Maxis" folder and choose the following option:
The Sims 1 Collection Untitl10
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 20:33

I've tried 800x600 and 1027x765 or whatever the second option is, and I also changed my computers resolution to match it after it didn't work and it still didn't load. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Mar 2012, 09:11

Hello,

How do you feel about reinstalling The Sims 1 with the help of this video?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 06:05

I'm having the exact same problem. I actually have The Sims Complete Collection discs, and after several attempts of getting it to work, I decided to try downloading a torrent version to see if it made any difference.

Unfortunately, the same thing keeps happening. I try to run the game, the screen goes black, and then it just quits with no error notice. I have also tried every compatibility setting, windowed mode, DEP, reinstalling, all that jazz. I even updated all my drivers and installed a pretty useless upgrade advisor. Nothing works. For the record, I also have Windows 7 and my computer is more than able to handle the program.

The weird thing, though, is that I was able to play the game about a month ago. Then after my stupid Windows Action Center updated itself, I was no longer able to play. I looked at what it had updated and it was just some "important" security fixes. It doesn't make sense, or at least I can't see any reason why it would suddenly change.

I know my reply doesn't help much, but at least you can have the comfort in knowing that it's not the torrent or installation that's the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Mar 2012, 18:07

rbecca wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. I actually have The Sims Complete Collection discs, and after several attempts of getting it to work, I decided to try downloading a torrent version to see if it made any difference.

Unfortunately, the same thing keeps happening. I try to run the game, the screen goes black, and then it just quits with no error notice. I have also tried every compatibility setting, windowed mode, DEP, reinstalling, all that jazz. I even updated all my drivers and installed a pretty useless upgrade advisor. Nothing works. For the record, I also have Windows 7 and my computer is more than able to handle the program.

The weird thing, though, is that I was able to play the game about a month ago. Then after my stupid Windows Action Center updated itself, I was no longer able to play. I looked at what it had updated and it was just some "important" security fixes. It doesn't make sense, or at least I can't see any reason why it would suddenly change.

I know my reply doesn't help much, but at least you can have the comfort in knowing that it's not the torrent or installation that's the problem.
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know!
Some people reported me that uninstalling, restarting your PC, reinstalling using THESE instructions, it would work for them.
Also, be sure to extract the original .rar file (of the torrent) prior to installing, using WinRAR ONLY!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male