Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 00:32

So I am not sure where to post this but I would really appreciate some help. I have a CD copy of The Sims 3 base game. But I have to give the CD back to where I got it from. I have tried mounting the ISO file with Daemon Tools Lite. It seemed to work and the game starts to load but I get an error that says "We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer service." Is there anything I can do to get around this? Would burning the disc image to a CD or DVD help? I apologize if I am being rude by asking this question here but I have tried looking many other places and I don't know what else to do. Please help!

//EDIT

Well now I am trying to download some expansion packs from here. This should make my problem of needing the CD to play the game irrelevant correct?

//EDIT

Sorry to keep posting back to back but I think from trying to mount the game before, the original base game folder got messed up. I don't see the "Game" folder that should contain "Bin" where I am supposed to put the "TS3W.exe" and the "TSLHost.dll" files. Help?

//EDIT

Never mind all of that! I figured it out. Got some expansion packs downloaded and I don't need the CD. Yay! This thread should probably just be deleted.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 05:22

Can anyone manually take control of my pc so I can get the sims 3 pets to actually work....Much appreciated if possible

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - I did not download from here but can I PLEASE get help with mounting game?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Apr 2012, 09:51

Hello,

For future reference:
Please edit your post rather than replying to it if you haven't received replies yet but have more information to share.
@arwarburg that question has been answered in your topic Wink

Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)