Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED] Empty Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:58

Hi all! I'm very new to this whole torrent/Sims 3 deal so sorry in advance for the lack of common lingo, I've tried to follow THIS guide and I'm a little lost on Step 3. I'm not sure what exactly to mount as it doesn't look like SIMS3EP01/02/03 and there are a ton of files in the folder. More than that, I'm not entirely sure what to do AFTER it's mounted. Any help would be appreciated! I understand applying the crack and that will come later but for now I'm just trying to get the base game to work of course before I can apply the others.

Back to top Go down

Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Wed 10 Oct 2012, 05:21

Hi there,

Let me try helping you. I'm assuming you have finished installing the base game.

Here's what you need to do:
1) Update your base game to v1.39 (either from launcher or manual patch)
2) Install the expansion packs (after they gave been converted to .dmg files using stuffit expander. If you do not know this, please feel free to ask again)
3) While installing expansion packs, do not apply any cracks that comes with the download.
4) After installation, copy the two files from #Crack folder (inside LATEST version of Ultimate Fix) to your base game's Game>Bin folder.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask any more questions you might have!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Base Game/Mounting a disk. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 20:38

I'm having a problem mounting the game to the virtual drive i'm using daemon tools that was provided from here and also the sims 3 base game that was provided from here and i keep getting the error that the disk is corrupted so i can't even mount the image..

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 20 Oct 2012, 20:41

Sorry but the base game from this site does not work for mac, unfortunately.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 20:48

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 20 Oct 2012, 20:54

Please keep your topic to the PC section.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Oct 2012, 13:57

//MOVED
Hello there,

You actually posted in the Mac section.
Try this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1i-P4I7bc&list=UU4aAXhS9eRDVOQGiTes81DQ&index=8&feature=plcp

//EDIT