Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble mounting the base game disks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble mounting the base game disks Empty Trouble mounting the base game disks

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 14:14

Okay so, I had to re-install The Sims 3 due to getting a new laptop and I've been trying to install the base game for the past two days now.
I have been following the instructions of mounting the Startdisk and disk 1 but my laptop (running on Windows 10) won't let me mount two separate virtual drives. I've tried changing the letters under which to mount for (for example Startdisk at F: and disk1 at G:) but nothing seemed to be working. I tried looking online for help with this and I searched the forum but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.
I keep on trying to run Startdisk and when the installation wizard asks for disk 1 I mount it in place of the Startdisk but towards the end of the installation I get a window popping up that the installation will be terminated due to an unexpected error (there is no code in the message whatsoever).
Any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Help

Back to top Go down

Trouble mounting the base game disks Empty Re: Trouble mounting the base game disks

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 22:41

cherrystal wrote:Okay so, I had to re-install The Sims 3 due to getting a new laptop and I've been trying to install the base game for the past two days now.
I have been following the instructions of mounting the Startdisk and disk 1 but my laptop (running on Windows 10) won't let me mount two separate virtual drives. I've tried changing the letters under which to mount for (for example Startdisk at F: and disk1 at G:) but nothing seemed to be working. I tried looking online for help with this and I searched the forum but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.
I keep on trying to run Startdisk and when the installation wizard asks for disk 1 I mount it in place of the Startdisk but towards the end of the installation I get a window popping up that the installation will be terminated due to an unexpected error (there is no code in the message whatsoever).
Any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Help

Hello again,

Are you sure you extracted the download with WinRAR ? And I'm not sure what mounting program you are using, but having just one virtual drive should be enough. If you believe this to be the cause of the error though, then see this:

Trouble mounting the base game disks Screenshot1d5e

In PowerISO under Options -> Configuration -> Virtual Drive you can add more virtual drives. In the screenshot above, look under "Virtual Drive Manager". In Daemon tools, there should be a similar option somewhere, though I'm not familiar with Daemon tools. In any case, you may have to re-boot the computer after adding another virtual drive.

If for some wicked reason you cannot get it working, we also have a "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3. It comes in the form of a .RAR file, and after extracting you end up with a bunch of files/folders, from which you can run a setup. The Complete Collection is available here too:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top