Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's Empty Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 02:24

I will start off by saying I am a total noob at this stuff and have only succesfully installed 2 games and 2 programs that I didn't need to "mount" or "burn" to a cd so all help is greatly appreciated!

I have read the "must read" about how to install the sims 3 correctly but my problem is with the first step and that is installing the games. I can not seem to find the base game or any expansions that don't need to be mounted or burned to cds. Please help me find the base and the expansions that do not require being mounted to cds. Everyone I have found or downloaded all required cds.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Back to top Go down

Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's Empty Re: Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's

Post by invalidusername Wed 23 May 2012, 03:46

Mounting is quite simple, if you'd like to learn how to do that. It's a pretty common thing to have to do for installing games that you've downloaded, and just makes your computer think it's reading a disk.
This is what I personally use to mount when I need to. It only takes a few clicks to get it all set up, and there are many tutorials online if you needed further help beyond what we could instruct.

If you don't want to do that at all, however, I'm not sure if I could help you very much. Then I would suggest waiting for Lady Eldi or Admin to come help.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's Empty Re: Where/how to get Sims 3 (+expansions) WITHOUT having to burn to cd's

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 May 2012, 07:28

Hello,

You don't have to mount or burn our expansions.
The base game needs to be mounted, but as invalidusername said, it's quite simple.
Perhaps this instruction video will be helpful to you as well.
And if you need any help, let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 01:08

Thank you so much! I told you I was a noob I thought mounting was the same thing as needing to burn it to a disk! I have the base game and Generations succesfully installed. I want to install a few more expansions/stuff packs and then I will proceed with the steps given on the "*Must read* how to install the sims 3 correctly". If I have any other questions I will be sure to come back and ask! So glad I found this place thanks a bunch!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 24 May 2012, 05:08

I'm glad we could help. Very Happy Enjoy your games and definitely ask again if you ever need any more help with them.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 08:01

I am unable to find the games4theworld's copy of "Ambitions" as I am told it was removed for some reason. Do you guys still have a copy out there and if so can I get a link to it please? The one I have downloaded tells me to do the usual "mount", "use serial code provided" but then it tells me to "download a no dvd crack" from some sites they have provided. I have no idea how to proceed with a "no dvd crack" and prefer the much easier method provided by you guys that I used for the base game and generations. Also, (sorry I know I ask a lot of questions) In the "must read how to install the sims 3 properly" it says that when installing the expansions and stuff packs to "skip the #crack folders" so that means not to do the copy,paste and replace of the ".exe" and ".dll" files for each expansion and just do it the one time when you first download the base game...right? Thanks again sorry if you are finding me to be a pest. I am new at this and really appreciate the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 24 May 2012, 08:12

Hello,

No problem, we're here to help!
Lets see, Ambitions can also be found ___Games4theworld__]here. It doesn't have to be cracked since it doesn't overwrite the .exe in your base game\bin.

The installation is very simple, just extract (with winrar), and run setup. Use one of the serials in the installation guide. But you can skip the rest of the installation guide.

To crack the game, use the fix. There's a video about applying the fix here.

There have been some changes to the fix but what's most important, copying the crack, is still the same. You probably won't be able to update through the launcher, so use this manual patch.

And please let us know if any of this isn't entirely clear.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2012, 19:51

Hello again,

sorry to be a pest but I have another question! I have downloaded and installed a world from the exchange and halfway through it's loading, it crashes the game. I actually took 2 from the exchange one works and one doesn't. If it helps any, the one that won't work is titled: "Vancouver, BC". It's actually a very popular world and I believe is on page 2 of their most downloaded worlds. I thought maybe the problem was that I didn't have the world adventures expansion so I downloaded it but the instructions for this particular expansion (unlike all of your other ones which were so imple and easy to use) is very complicated and I was wondering if you (Lady ElDi) or someone could simplify it for me. It says I need to search for regedit and there's 13 diferent cracks. The game as a whole has been working great for me so far and I don't want to mess up the installation of this pack and then ruin my whole game. Do you think having this pack will make the Vancouver world work? If not what is the problem? Thank you so much again in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 28 May 2012, 20:06

Hello,

Fortunately, the installation of World Adventures is much simpler these days. Since you already have a working game on the latest patch level, there's not much to it.

You don't need any of those cracks or patches that came with the file itself, those are all obsolete.
You may have to change the SKU version. But just try installing it first, if you run setup and get a region error you'll need to change it, otherwise, you can leave the registry alone. It's quite simple if you read carefully. If you're having trouble finding the SKU, look here.
Remember, don't use any of those patches or the cracks, your game is already cracked and I don't think you'll have to crack it again.

If the world you want to play requires World Adventures, it is possible that it'll load after you've installed the expansion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top