Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED] Empty Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 21:51

Hey guys,

I recently installed Showtime (provided by you, of course), patched and applied the fix. All was working fine until I tried starting a new game: it would let me place my household but when I clicked the little check to get started, it didn't zoom me into the household; it just stuck on map view. There's no HUD, no buttons or anything. I can move around with the arrows and rotate with < > but that's it.

It also corrupt my other saves, deleting all my Sims' wishes and promises and leaving me unable to queue actions or interact with objects. However, when I checked my saved games in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, there were no .bad extensions. I deleted them all anyways.

I uninstalled Showtime (I only have Late Night) and play-tested and I was able to start a new game without any problems; I didn't get stuck in map view. So, I reinstalled Showtime and applied the fix and I'm still having the same problem. I can load just fine and it lets me place my household but once I go to start playing it's stuck in map view. It doesn't matter what town I'm in either, it does the same thing regardless of whether or not I'm in Starlight Shores.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Admin edit: Moved to right seciton.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 24 May 2012, 22:14

Hello,

If you're using mods/cc, try starting the game without it. It's possible there's a conflict.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Showtime Stuck in Map View.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 23:13

I removed my entire Mods folder and deleted scriptCache before reinstalling/playing and it still refuses to work. I also got the latest version of Master Controller so there shouldn't be any conflicts there.

EDIT: It seems there was a problematic mod because I figured I'd try again without the folder and it worked. Weeding out the problematic file was next to impossible so I've just started anew, but thanks for your help!

And thanks for all your awesome downloads!

Last edited by Raiden on Fri 25 May 2012, 02:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revisions)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 25 May 2012, 07:40

Hello,

If you ever have this problem again, start by using Delphy's Dashboard. It doesn't filter out all problematic mods, but it does most. You may only have to run this program and remove 1 or 2 packages.
Anyway, glad to have been of help.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top