Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map View Black Area. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Map View Black Area. [SOLVED] Empty Map View Black Area. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 04:31

Hello!
First, I want to say thanks for uploading all the games and providing actual working fixes! Thanks to you I've been able to play The Sims 3. Map View Black Area. [SOLVED] 1577371209

Only problem. I just installed the Sims 3 and everything worked fine, however, when I installed Town Life Stuff, the Map View got messed up. So now, when I go to Map View I only see black where there are no lots (Community lots and Residential lots are still visible). I have no idea what could have caused this. I tried editing the Options (since everything just shows up as 'Low' but they all work fine, as if they were on high.), but nothing, I still see that black space.

Additional Information:
- I only have installed the BASE GAME, GENERATIONS and TOWN LIFE STUFF
- I do have CC but everything worked fine when using the Base Game

It does NOT affect gameplay, but it's starting to get annoying... Any ideas? Map View Black Area. [SOLVED] 2830496658

I attached an image so you can analyze the problem.

Back to top Go down

Map View Black Area. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Map View Black Area. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Dec 2011, 09:37

Hello,
It looks like something that would happen on low(er) end pc's or the lowest quality setting. I have seen this in my own game, being on a low end pc, and its something that usually just takes a few seconds to clear up after going into neighbourhood view. But from your post, I get that it doesn't clear up in your game.
There are 2 things to try.
Test video options some more, look at rendering options particularly.
Try to disable your cc and see what happens. It is possible that your cc worked fine using just the base game, but that the versions you have are incompatible with your expansion or game version. You can test that by disabling your CC for now, if your neighbourhood view clears up, it had something to do with conflicting content and you can start putting your CC back in smal groups to identify the one(s) that's causing the problem.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 17:58

Thank you for your response.
I'm about to start the game without CC to test your solution.

I thought about the 'low-quality' settings to, so I moved all the sliders to 'high', and it tells me to 'Restart the Game', but when I restart they fall back to the low settings.

EDIT: I removed all custom content and yet, nothing changed. I still see the black area when in Map View. Tried moving the 'options' sliders and they all go back to 'Low'.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:20

Hello,
What about your videocard? Are the drivers up to date?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2011, 03:24

Hi again, sorry it took me so long to answer. I was testing the drivers and installing the Sims 3 on a different OS on the same computer.

Turns out that was the problem! The drivers... I thought they had installed correctly on Windows 8 (Dev Preview) but they didn't, because they're intended for Windows 7.

Anyway, thanks a lot! You were a big help and support!

Admin edit: Thank you Lady ElDi! Have fun playing and please let us know if you ever have any more problems!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top