Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly Empty Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:04

So I just got a new computer, Asus N56VM, 64bit, Intel Core i7-3610QM, 2.3GHz processor and 8GB of RAM, Windows 7.
I installed everything the way it's supposed to, using the ultimate fix and I swear I've installed it correctly. It worked on my old computer just fine even though it was so old and slow. On the new one it works, although it crashes every 10 min and I can never save my work in time. On my old computer it would freeze, but if I left it for a while it would work again. On this one when it freezes that's it. It won't work again.

I was wondering if there's something missing like a file on my computer or something? Cause I've uninstalled it and re-installed a few times now.

Thanks!

//EDIT

Also it can play other games like Saints Row the Third just fine. Barely any lagging.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly Empty Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jun 2012, 16:22

//MOVED
Hello,

Congratulations on your new PC!
Let's see, do you have any Mods or Custom Content for the game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly Empty Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing even though it's installed correctly

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 05:40

Hey,

Thank you! It's pretty awesome. XD

Um, actually yes I do. I have Hidden Springs. I installed it off a disk. So pirated. And no mods. But it worked on my old computer. That's the thing that confuses me. I have the exact same things.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 09 Jun 2012, 23:26

Hello,

Hidden Springs... you probably installed it using an installer, didn't you?
Try removing all the extra stuff you added to the game, completely. Then restart the game and see if there's any difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 04:08

Hi,

Yeah I've just removed all the custom content and did everything on this page https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-10-01-2012
It's still crashing but now I've realized it mostly crashes during the Create A Sim.

Thanks!

//EDIT

Oh it crashes whenever it's in Create A Sim or Build or Buy. It doesn't always crash but mostly it does

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 11 Jun 2012, 14:44

Hello,

Try removing the Hidden Springs world completely from your PC and from the game. (Be sure to backup your savegames)
Lower all in-game graphic settings, restart the game and let me know the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 09:56

Hi,

Um, how do you completely remove it from your PC? Cause it's no longer there when I open the Launcher and go to the downloads folder but I'm not sure how to completely remove it. I've gone to the Sims 3 folder, and deleted the file that was in the Packages folder in the Mods folder.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 13 Jun 2012, 17:02

Hello,

If it's not in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ (any folder) any more, it's probably removed.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:59

Hi,

Yeah it's not there. But it's still crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Jun 2012, 15:22

Did you remove all your mods/cc, and try running the game like that?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:34

Yeah. I've removed all custom content, which is basically Hidden Springs and that's all. It's still crashes when I'm in Create A Sim and Build and Buy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:00

Is your Sims 3 base game or any expansion installed from the disk, then installed any pirate exp?

i bring it up because my sister used Base game and i got her pirate exp and she crashes almost always because of it.. and she doesn't freak out.. kinda odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:37

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 20 Jun 2012, 15:29

Hello,

Are you getting the unofficial game modification error?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 20 Jun 2012, 15:48

markk wrote:Is your Sims 3 base game or any expansion installed from the disk, then installed any pirate exp?

i bring it up because my sister used Base game and i got her pirate exp and she crashes almost always because of it.. and she doesn't freak out.. kinda odd.

Kind of off topic here, but I have a few of the expansions that were bought, along with the base game, and that's never caused any crashing issues for me.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 20:11

invalidusername wrote:
markk wrote:Is your Sims 3 base game or any expansion installed from the disk, then installed any pirate exp?

Kind of off topic here, but I have a few of the expansions that were bought, along with the base game, and that's never caused any crashing issues for me.

Yeah i find it kinda odd how If we all have a problem it all happens different in someways, Depending on pc req. or know how.
anyway GL with your Problem Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 09:43

Hey all. Smile

Well, my base game and my expansions are all pirated but this never caused any problems before.
Nah I'm not getting that error.

Admin, I've actually tried everything on that page, hasn't worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:39

Do you get any notification at startup about any type of error? And what does it tell you when it crashes?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 14:27

It starts completely normal. Usually when it crashes it's just the standard Sims 3 has stopped working. Sometimes it automatically shuts it down for me, sometimes it asks if I would like to shut it down or wait for it to respond (which it never does) but mostly it just freezes and I have to open task manager and force it shut.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jun 2012, 15:40

Hello,

Did you try all of those possible solutions from the link I posted in my previous post?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 16:09

Yeah I have, gone through them all and lost count of how many times I've restarted my computer.

//EDIT

Hi,

Yep, every one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jun 2012, 13:46

Hello,

Is your base game completely up to date?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 14:29

Yes, it is completely up to date. I use the Ultimate Fix so it has to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Jun 2012, 14:46

Hello,

Please open the game's launcher and hover your mouse over the base game icon, what version does it show? It starts with 1.xx.xx .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 09:35

Hi,

It says 1.34.27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top