Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar Empty World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jun 2012, 05:23

So I got to step three on the guide that comes with the World Adventures download, but when I try to extract the files to the bin folder, WinRar gives me a nice little access is denied message, so I can not extract the files. Also, if i try to just go ahead and download the patches anyways, they give the invalid file message, but I would imagine that that is because the proceeding step failed to work. What went wrong here?

NOTE: I am not a complete tard. I have downloaded this expansion before to a different computer, and it worked just fine, but WinRar is giving me crap on this computer. They both run Windows 7.World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar 2830496658

Back to top Go down

World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar Empty Re: World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jun 2012, 22:17

Have you tried extracting the files to a different folder first and then copy-pasting?
Have you also tried just opening the .zip file in WinRar and then just copying the files from there, putting them in the bin folder?

Back to top Go down

World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar Empty Re: World Adventures--Access Denied in WinRar

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jun 2012, 04:19

Yes I am now recalling that any change made to program files must be confirmed by the administrator. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 18 Jun 2012, 13:49

Hello,

If it still didn't work, please read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
And note that you may skip all "# Crack" folders!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top