Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED] Empty Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 05:00

I know this question has been asked before, as i searched it before posting, but I did not find anything that helped me. Everytime i try to move the two files in the Ultimate Fix to the base game bin it tells me I do not have permission to access the files. I am the computer admin, my game is closed, even in the taskbar and i tried doing it with my anti virus off but nothing is working. The only thing I have downloaded from the site is Pets. I bought the base game, along with Late Night and Ambitions, if that helps. I am so frustrated, please help!

Back to top Go down

Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 07:28

Try restarting your computer and then copying the files. If that fails to let you copy the files you can install a reg file that will allow you to take full ownership of the folder. Information about how it works and the download can be found HERE
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 29 Aug 2012, 20:19

Hello,

If restarting didn't work, please also post a picture of the folder you're trying to copy to.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:57

Restarting my computer did work, and Pets is running smoothly now, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 31 Aug 2012, 15:49

Hello,

Glad it did!
Enjoy playing the game now and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Permission to access bin denied? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top