Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED] Empty Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 22:09

I have The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle (World Adventures,High End Loft,Ambitions,Night Life,Fast Land and Outdoor). worked fine til i realized it takes an eternity to load anything (lowering graphics didnt do much). I recently realized that not only does it take long to load it also goes in and out of freezing. So I thought maybe it needed an update but everytime I hit the refresh button on the Launcher it told me "Cannot reach EA manager". So Today I've tried three things: I downloaded the Sims 3 Pets [FIXED] that just tells me "Sims 3 Update fail", The Sims 3 Update fix that tells me I need some sort of older patch version first, the manual patch that also tells me the same thing and then the EA manager from Origin that nows make my Sims 3 Launcher freeze everytime I hit refresh on the Update tab. I made sure I read all the directions thoroughly maybe I missed something? I'm not sure if my computer just messing with me or what. Sorry for the long rant, I was just so excited now I'm confused. (T_T)

Any sort of help is GREATLY appreciated. Smile

Last edited by RisingKoi on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 19 Jun 2012, 23:13

Hello,

Please do exactly as described here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Don't use any other links or downloads other than described there!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 01:22

I can't do any of those steps cause I cant download any of the
expansions needed, I keep getting error messages telling me I can't
update the Sims I already have. D: (T_T)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:51

Hello,

I think you confused the meaning of "Downloading" and "Installing". Downloading means grabbing from the internet and saving it on your PC, installing means actually integrating the game/program onto your system.

Could you please post as screenshot of the error? Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 01:07

Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED] Whenitrytoinstalpets
I get this when I try to update my game. (the manual patch)

and I get this when I try to install Sims 3 Pets
Problems with Sims 3 Update and Pets Download. T_T [SOLVED] Second

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:25

Hello,

I think that what you downloaded is a modified installer.
When you installed your game, did the base and the expansions all install at once? Was it pre-installed or pre-cracked?
If you can answer any of those questions with "yes", I'm afraid you won't be able to update or install any additional expansionpacks.
The best thing you could do is download all the games separately (from G4TW Very Happy) and install them using the guide from Admin's first post.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:07

That makes so sense, it did install all at once. Thank you both so much for your help, I really really appreciate it. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:18

Hello,

Do you have any other questions at the moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:26

Not at the moment, Thank you. I'll download them separately and follow the steps from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:28

Hello,

Ok, don't hesitate to open a topic if you run into any problems.
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)