Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick Question Empty Quick Question

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 03:24

Im sorry if this is the wrong place to start this thread, and if so please direct me for future use, But I have a question I think your admins could answer. Im preparing to use your Ultimate fix and was wondering exactly which files I need to keep on my computer in order to actually run the game. Let me clarify..

I have at the moment properly installed and left uncracked The Sims 3 Base Game, TS3 Ambitions, TS3 High End Loft, TS3 World Adventures, TS3 Town Life Stuff, TS3 Master Suite Stuff, TS3 Katy Perry Sweet Treat Stuff, & TS3 Fast Lane Stuff.

And will soon be installing the remaining existing Expansions/Stuff packs.
It is ALOT of data and Im running low on space with little options.

My question is this...Exactly What files do i need in the end.
Ive deleted the, now useless, RAR files. And since some of my installations came from ISO files I am unsure if I will need to keep/mount some of them at some point.

Can I delete the extracted folders after ive installed the expansions/stuff, or will this cause my game to crash?

Again I am sorry if this is the wrong place or the question is misplaced but I am new to downloaded games and your site seems to have been a wonderful help to others before me.

Thanks in Advance

Please Help the Noob

Back to top Go down

Quick Question Empty Re: Quick Question

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jun 2012, 07:41

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Unfortunately you already deleted the RAR files, I would've advised against that. The reason for this is that
A) You might need those if you ever have to reinstall for some reason. And there are plenty of reasons to reinstall. The extracted files can also be kept for this purpose but in my own experience I've found that they can get messed up anyway. You'll have to redownload everything if you delete the RAR's and need them.
B) Without the RAR's, you can't help seed and that's frowned upon. We need everone to seed at least 1 copy (preferably more) for torrenting to work.

I strongly suggest recovering the RAR's from your recycle bin, if you can. You can keep them on an external drive or burn them to DVD. If none of this is an option, and you really don't have the space to store them, you don't need them, or the extracted files to run the game properly. I doubt you need the ISO's, since you're cracking with the fix.

But keep in mind that if your game gets messed up and you have to reinstall, you can't.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)