Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval - Random Problem has occurred.. ):

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval - Random Problem has occurred.. ): Empty The Sims Medieval - Random Problem has occurred.. ):

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 17:11

The Sims Medieval has been working fine for me. No problems there. Until today. Sigh. My boyfriend turnned off my computer while I had the game running, and I was in the middle of a quest... (I fell asleep with the computer on.) Anyways, I opened it up this morning, and tried to resume.. Now my problem is a little hard to explain, But I can see the pannels and everything, I can see the bubbles which tell you what buildings are what, when you're in the watcher view when you first begin. (the view where you choose your quests and such after you finish them.) But I can't actually see the game. it's just a blackish.. brownish.. redish color.. And when I hit F1 to go to player mode, It worked fine... but then it didn't. It went black, and I couldn't see anything but the pannels and pop ups and such... Not sure if the ultimate fix would fix this... If so could you link me to the Medieval fix? I looked for it and couldn't find it...

I've tried rebooting my computer, and the game as well, but still no luck. I didn't run the update for the game.. but I'll try it to see if that helps anything. I'll keep looking on the forum as I await for help.. (No expansions have been installed.. Maybe that would fix it?)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Godswag on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 17:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval - Random Problem has occurred.. ): Empty Re: The Sims Medieval - Random Problem has occurred.. ):

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jun 2012, 17:50

Hello,

Can you look at your savegames, and see if your save has the .bad extension?
It's possible your save got corrupted because the game wasn't saved and shut down properly.
If it is, you can always restore the backup file. To do that, drag yoursavegame.tsm out of the saves folder, located in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval and rename the backup file. Remove the .backup part, and start your game normally.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)