Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error Empty Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 22:36

I am not very good with all the techno terms. I try and learn as I go along. I downloaded the sims 3 showtime and now everytime I play, after about 5 - 10 minutes, the screen goes blank, comes on again, goes blank and then it goes totally blank for a few minutes and then I get the blue screen error.

I cleared cache, did the fix on your website, cleared custom content, etc, but still having the same problem.

My PC doesn't crash on any other game - just this one.

It is a relatively new PC with very good specs.

Please help?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error Empty Re: Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 22:38

Have you checked to see if you have the latest drivers for all your hardware? Also it could be that your computer is overheating causing the computer to crash.

Are you playing on a desktop or laptop?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error Empty Re: Sims 3 Showtime crashes (blue screen error message) - graphics driver error

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 22:41

I downloaded and installed the latest video driver yesterday, but still doing the same.

It is on a laptop.

It might be heat related as I sometimes get a message saying it is hot, but I've gotten myself a cooling pad for laptops and using it today.

I'll report back if that is the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:26

Hello,

It's often caused by heat production indeed.
Also, try putting your laptop on a table, in a cold room.

We'll be waiting for the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top