Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!! Empty installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!!

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 15:48

I've been trying to install Sims 3 with most expansion for a couple of days now and would be grateful for some help Smile)
I've been back and forth with cracks and installs and uninstalls, and this is the latest:

I installed the base game and all the expansions (except for Pets which I don't want) and didn't apply any cracks, except for in world adventures, where it wouldn't let me install the exe file without first having installed all the patches, (the sims3patch and all the patches in the Crack 3 folder). I did not apply the final crack, in the crack 4 folder.I haven't opened the sim launcher in between, because I accidentally updated (probably) to a newer version leading to a complete failure..However, sometimes before installing an expansion ,it says that it will have to update the game in order for the installation to begin, which I have agreed to.

After all the installations, downloaded the manual patch from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly . I had already downloaded the ultimate fix a couple of hours earlier; I downloaded the one for PC, the alternative, Mirror 1 version (because the temporary one is for Medieval and I don't have that). I only applied the fix in the #crack folder (that is, not the separate ones in the folders for the different expansion packs, although I read somewhere that they are not actual cracks?) and copied it in to the Sims 3/Game/Bin folder (and replaced).

Then I opened the sim launcher for the first time since I started the installations, and it said that an update was available (can't remember which one now), but I choose to not update (chose "later). Then I started Sims, and a really crappy image of the Katy Perry pack started loading, it was half missing and was blurry (This has not happened before). When the choice for cities came up, There was some text missing (the whole text for starlight lounge), and when I started, and wanted to create a sim, the actual sim was missing o_0. I chose to continue and hoped that the sim would appear in the game, but it was still missing. I tried changing the graphics settings in the game to standard thinking that it might be something with the graphics( I have 64-bit), and restarted the computer, but the same problem occured, and this time when I started the sim launcher, it said theat a patch was available (for the Sims store or something like that), but I chose not to download it. Now I really don't know what to do and I'm stuck. If I have to uninstall everything, including the 8 patches in world Adventures and reinstall everything, I might have to jump off a bridge. Please help!! Smile

Back to top Go down

installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!! Empty Re: installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 16:19

Hello,

Start by looking at your current base game version as shown in the image below.
Are you using mods/cc?
Are your graphics drivers up to date (find out from your cards' manufacturers website)?
installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!! V3d1ld
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!! Empty Re: installing Sims 3 with ultimate fix = problems!!

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 19:04

Thanks for your quick reply!
The version is 1.34.27.016001, and I just updated my graphics driver, but it still doesn't work Sad
I don't have any mods or cc..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 21:42

Hello,

Does your pc meet the requirements? Run the test here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 22:19

Yes, it passed for sims 3 and all the available expansions/packs..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Jul 2012, 08:42

Hello,

In which language was the game installed?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 17:38

Hi,

it was installed in Swedish, but it's still called The Sims 3..I should probably mention that I've had Sims installed before (frm games4theworld), and it worked well, but it was when I wanted to add expansions that I started having problems, so I decided to uninstall everything and start over with all the expansions that I wanted, and that's when the weirdness with the missing sims started.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:30

Hello,

There can be issues sometimes when it's not installed in English, though I don't think that's what this is.
I think something went wrong during the installation and reinstalling again solves this problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 12 Jul 2012, 13:20

Hello,

Since a new patch for the game has been released, please re-do step 2 to 5 from this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Let us know the result afterwards and good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top